What is a graduation hat called
Graduation hats are also called graduation caps and were used as everyday medieval scholar hats in the 12th and 13th centuries. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-graduation-hat-called ]
More Answers to “What is a graduation hat called“
- What is graduation hat called?
- Most commonly it is referred to as a ‘morterboard’, but often just called a cap.
- Why is a graduation hat called a mortarboard?
- Because the top of it looks like the boards that bricklayers use to mix mortar on.
- What do you call to the black hat for graduation??
- You call them graduation hats or graduation caps. Graduation hats/caps were actually used as everyday medieval scholar hats in the 12th and 13th centuries. Today it is worn only during commencement exercises, usually (but not always) togeth…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is it called, the cloth and hat for graduation?
- A: Hat – MortarboardDangly thing on the hat – tasselThe robe – robe or gownAlltogether – Cap and Gown
- what do you call to the black hat for graduation?
- Q: what do you call to the black hat for graduation?
- A: black cap.
- Q: im writing a poem rite now and what are those things u wear on ur head during graduation? wats the hat called again?! i forgot! im having a mental block!
- A: a cap, the proper name i guess you could call it, is a mortarboard, but most just call it a cap