Can you catch a cold by catching a chill
No, colds are caused by viruses. You can not get a cold or flu from being cold. You can only catch a cold if you’re exposed by the cold virus, not if you’re exposed to cold weather. ChaCha never gets sick and if we do we still go to work! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-catch-a-cold-by-catching-a-chill ]
More Answers to “Can you catch a cold by catching a chill“
- Can you catch a cold from catching a chill?
- Common wisdom says yes, but scientists have for years insisted that colds are more common in the winter largely because the weather drives people indoors, allowing germs to jump easily from one person to the next. Since the 1950’s, a few st…
- What is the fastest way to catch a cold/ get a fever/ get the chi…?
- By not washing your hands enough. Not getting enough sleep and nutrition.
- How do you know if you have black mold? having, stiff neck, sore …?
- There are different types of black mold with different mycotoxins,thus symptoms are varied. Just visit a doctor specially if other people in her office are complaining of similar symptoms. Doc will advice some blood tests after thorough cli…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you catch a cold by not wearing a coat outside and getting a chill?
- A: colds are caused thru contact, physical contact with the virus. You pick it up off public surfaces, which is why your best defense is washing your hands frequently and not touching your face. Getting chilled, or not dressing appropriately for the weather makes your body work that much harder to sustain you, this causes a decline in your immune system’s ability to fight off infection. But, it doesn’t CAUSE the infection.
- I know that you can not catch the same cold more than once, but …?
- Q: Is it possible to get the same flu, or sickness more than once?I ask because, I keep getting sick lately.In the past four months or so, I have gotten sick a few times, with the same symptoms. So I am wondering if it is the same sickness, or if it is another sickness .. just with very similar symptoms.Here’s some info:It’s more along the lines of a 24 hour flu/virus, since the “sickness” lasts only a day usually, but is followed by me feeling lousy the next couple of days afterwards.During the “24 hr flu/virus”: I’m nauseous, diarrhea, hot/cold chills, shaky, weak, slightly dizzy, exhausted, stomach cramps/ache, achy body.Then the “follow up next couple of days”, I am basically just exhausted & weak, with some stomach pains still .. but no nausea etc.Has anyone else been experiencing this lately? Any idea as to what it is? Possibly a regional epidemic (I am in Ohio). A lack of some vitamin, maybe?Insight would be great. So would any info on how to avoid this, if you are one who has been experiencing the same thing.Thanks in advance.Ps. I forgot to mention that I live right next door to my sister, and her, my nephews, and my bro in law keep experiencing the same thing. So this fact tells me, that it’s not some sort of disorder or personal ailment which is select to myself only. I thought that we may all be passing this sickness back and forth to each other, which brings up the question of whether or not you can get the same flu, more than once (if that is in fact what this is). My sister and nephews have all gone to the Dr, coming home with the same advice .. “Take TheraFlu”, or a prescription for an antibiotic.-Wendy V,Thanks so much for such a great answer. You touched upon the entire subject .. very informative.I really appreciate it 🙂
- A: There are always 1000’s of flu virus out in the World.Once you get one particular strain of this virus then you are now immune and can not get it again. BUT you can still get another very similar strain. Once you have got that, you can not get that strain again also.When they make the flu vaccine they make it ONLY for the most rampant and dangerous strains of the virus THAT YEAR. Once youv’e had your vaccination you are now immune to the flu THAT WAS GIVEN IN THAT INJECTION. Not all the others out there.Do your sister’s kids go to school? You don’t say how old they are. They could be picking something up at school and then you are passing it back and forth to each other, BUT a different one every time.Even if someone has the flu and sneezed in their hand then touched a door handle, you come along and open that door using the handle. Not wash your hands and sit down for a meal, say, then your chances of getting their virus is high.It’s how it’s passed on.I live in Australia and we thank goodness are a few months away from flu season, but your town/city may have a few of the virus going around town.Keep your vitamin C up and get outside any time you can, when not feeling so sick.Avoid ALL contact with someone who is just a little sick. You may catch it.Wash your hands at every opportunity, without becoming obsessive.Eat well and get as much excercise as you can.
- How to get better by Christmas?
- Q: I caught a sudden cold, probably from weather change, last night. It came on super quick. Scratch in throat escalating into a bad sore throat, then into stuffy nose. Now I’m having chills and aches with stuffy nose and post nasal drip.I feel like crap. as you know Christmas eve is tomorrow, then Christmas, and I don’t know if i can get better by then.. Are there ways I can feel better? Ways I can make the cold go away faster, and make sure I am not contagious? Pleassseee help! I bet a lot of people are dealing with this, so answers would be good!
- A: i know how u feel cause im sick too but ive been taking benadril every 4 hours and im geting better