What is pyrophobias
Fear of fire. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-pyrophobias ]
More Answers to “What is pyrophobias“
- What is Cyclophobia?
- Defined as “a persistent, abnormal, irrational, and unwarranted fear of bicycles”, each year this surprisingly common phobia causes you needless distress. A persistent, fear of bicycles that compels one to avoid it, despite the aw…
- Do I have Pyrophobia?
- Doesn’t sound like a real phobia. I never liked working with Bunson burners either!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the words that describes an obsession with fire?
- Q: Sensible answers please. I know that pyrophobia is the fear of fire, but what is the word that describes an obsession with it?I’m after one word, not arson, I know it’s not arson, but there has to be a word that describes it. There are however many billion words in the English language, at least one of them must describe an obsession with fire.Please help.Apparently pyromania is an uncontrollable desire to set fire to things. This isn’t what I’m after, an arsonist is a pyromaniac, I want someone who is obsessed with fire, not obsessed with setting fire to something. I’m after a passive obsessant, not an active one.
- A: Even though this word doesn’t exist (to my knowlege), I would say you’re a pyrophile. The suffix -phile means having an affinity for something. The suffix -maniac means having an obsession.
- Getting treatment for iatrophobia and other problems?
- Q: Hi. I have borderline personality disorder with obsessive-compulsive and histrionic features, and also suffer from iatrophobia (fear of doctors/going to the doctors) and pyrophobia (fear of fire). I need therapy, I know, but I can’t go because I have panic attacks. I have been extremely stressed lately, because I owe over $2000 to people, including owing $600 for getting three teeth pulled, something I put off for 5 months b/c of my fear of going to get it done, but finally was unable to function because of the pain and was convinced to go by a friend. That took a LOT out of me, and now I have to pay the other $600 for the operation, but I only have $200 to my name, no job, and no place to live after the 5th…and lately I have been having a lot of suicidal thoughts and have been on the verge of self-injury (I would si, but it’s forbidden by my Master, and that helps me to keep from doing it).But one thing at a time. How do I get treatment for my problems without triggering my fear?
- A: Maybe the friend who convinced you to see the dentist (or any other friend) might be willing to go with you to see a doctor. Check with your local government, churches whatever, to see what’s available to help you pay for medical services and anything else that you need.I also have OCD and anxiety/panic disorder, so I know where you’re coming from. Doctors don’t scare me so bad, but sometimes my panic attacks are triggered by flourescent lights, and I’ve never been to any kind of doctor who didn’t have those. My husband comes with me to any appointment I have to go to and talks to me and distracts me and helps me to breathe, and if he can’t make it I try to have someone else that i feel comfortable with come along.I really have been where you are, thousands of dollars in debt and all, but just keep trying your best, because that’s all you can do. Try to create a supportive network to surround yourself with. Best of luck.
- wat does pyrophobia mean?
- Q: i want to test u guys out,im not saying that u guys r dumb i just want to know
- A: fear of fire