Are pennies poisonous
They can be toxic. Pennies minted after 1982 contain 99.2 perc zinc, whereas pennies minted prior to 1982 only contain 5 perc zinc. Due to their high zinc content, pennies minted after 1982 are considered to be potentially toxic if ingested by pets. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-pennies-poisonous ]
More Answers to “Are pennies poisonous“
- Are pennies poisonous
- They can be toxic. Pennies minted after 1982 contain 99.2 perc zinc, whereas pennies minted prior to 1982 only contain 5 perc zinc. Due to their high zinc content, pennies minted after 1982 are considered to be potentially toxic if ingested…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I know if a spider I trapped is poisonous?
- Q: I trapped a spider in an upside down glass on the floor of my bedroom because it looked scary. It is about the size of a dime or penny with a navy/gray/black body and red-brown legs. Is it a bad spider? Should I worry about others in my house?
- A: G’day Lauren K,Thank you for your question.It depends where you are and what are the poisonous spiders living in your area. If you are worried, I would call a ranger who would be knowledgable about the wildlife living in your local area.Alternatively, you could look at taking a picture of it, posting it on a geocities page, Flickr or 360 so we could have a closer look at it. You could do this by adding a link. Alternatively, Wikipedia has a gallery of spiders you could have a look at. I havwe also posted a link to a spider identification chart.While most spiders have some ability to inject venom, only about 200 species can inflict a bite that will seriously harm a human.Most spiders can’t.I have attached sources for your reference.Regards
- what Kind of spider Have a found?
- Q: Well, i have found a White spider, with black Fangs, its about the size of a penny.Is it poisonous or not? , or that kind of spider is it? i live in Texas, San Angelo
- A: No. This would not be a harmful spider.because it is next to impossible to ID spiders by color,I can’t tell you what kind this is.Best guess would be a jump spider, a crab spider, or maybe acobweb spider.
- What species of spider has a red body with an abdomen that has black and white stripes?
- Q: I found a dead one in my dad’s bed. It scared me, because it had those distinctive colors that usually mean “poison, back off.” It was about the size of a penny, legs included.Can anyone tell me what type of spider this was, as well as if it is poisonous or not?The spider had no “hair” and the stripes ran horizontally down the spider’s abdomen.
- A: Hard to say. I don’t recognize any species immediately from your pattern description. However, the chances of it being poisonous to humans are remote. Most spiders are perfectly harmless. There is a very small set of spiders that are actually dangerous, none of which fit your description.