Does having low testosterone cause acne
Normally it is believed that testosterone can only worsen skin by causing breakouts of acne. However, low testosterone levels can lead to worsening of skin conditions as well. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-having-low-testosterone-cause-acne ]
More Answers to “Does having low testosterone cause acne“
- Does having low testosterone cause acne
- Normally it is believed that testosterone can only worsen skin by causing breakouts of acne. However, low testosterone levels can lead to worsening of skin conditions as well. ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does high testosterone level cause these problems?
- Q: Side Effects of Testosterone:Side effects of testosterone therapy are uncommon but not excluded when testosterone is used in inappropriate doses. Such side effects include acne, excess body hair, scalp hair loss, fluid retention, deepening of the voice, enlargement of the clitoris and adverse effects on blood cholesterol.acne, excess body hair, scalp hair loss. ( i have all these symptoms not sure about the rest)does excessive or low testosterone level cause these problems?and how to get rid of excessive testosterone level?
- A: Before you convince yourself of a malady, first get yourself checked out for it!Go to the doctor and have some blood work done, this will give you a definitive answer one way or the other.Besides, you leave out too much information for any one here to make an educated guess, and that’s all it would be, a guess!For all we know, you may be a teen in the midst of puberty who also happens to have male pattern baldness!
- Can low testosterone cause hair loss?
- Q: I’ve been taking Saw Palmetto because I heard that it lowers testosterone and thus prevents hair loss and acne. But recently, I’ve discovered that just like high testosterone, low testosterone can also cause hair loss. Not that I am losing my hair, but for some reason I wanted to make sure I have thick hair and clear skin. I’m 24 and my testosterone level is 378nb. Is that bad? So I guess my question is, does low or high testosterone cause hair loss?oh my god, I do NOT need a wig! I have healthy freaking hair! If you do not know anything about testostreone, don’t freaking answer suggesting wigs on your stupid web sites!
- A: High testosterone is one of the reasons for hair loss (why women don’t have hair loss problems anywhere near as often as men). Also it is primarily passed down through the mother’s side of the family, look at your mother’s brothers and father to see what is likely to happen to you. Natural hair loss is usually a mixture of hormones and genetics and really there is no way to stop it from happening short of using certain prescription treatments like Rogaine.Normal levels of testosterone for males fall between 250 and 800 nanograms of testosterone per deciliter of blood. Don’t even *think* about taking more Saw Palmetto to lower your testosterone even farther. You can overdose or damage organs on herbal medicine! If you want nice hair, it is the same advice the girls get: have it cut once a month at least to keep split ends from happening, keep it conditioned, and don’t blow dry it too often (dries hair out) or use too much product._____________________________**I have been looking into this a bit more, and low testosterone *can* cause hair loss, but it would be loosing manly hair. Beard, side burns, on the chest and back, legs, arms etc. Also low testosterone has other problems you certainly don’t want: trouble concentrating, fatigue, depression, losing muscle mass, putting on weight, gaining fat in your breasts, low sex drive, loosing height and penis size, and erectile dysfunction.http://www.4-men.org/testosterone/low-testosterone-symptoms.htmlhttp://www.druginfonet.com/index.php?pageID=faq/new/DISEASE_FAQ/Testosterone.htmhttp://www.bumrungrad.com/mens-health-center/hypogonadism.aspx
- Does marijuana cause acne?
- Q: Ok, i have smoked marijuana last satuday and yesterday. I notices about one or two pimples on my face but I usually have a clear face.Now, I heard that marijuana makes your testosterone levels drop to a low level and then one off it makes your testosterone levels spike up real quickly more than you need. To produce this quick spike of testosterone, the body produces androgens. And too much androgens causes acne, right?Or….it could be that I have been eating a lot of crappy food lately, which is causing the breakouts.Can someone shine some light on this with personal expiriances, or if u know the truth to this. Thanks! 🙂
- A: I’m from the ole school, and NO ACMEStress, junk food, I’ve got great skin, and that’s all I’m going to say about thatROFLpass&puff