Does kiwi have a lot of acid in it
Kiwi Is high in ascorbic acid, or vitamin C. It is rich in copper and potassium. Other minerals present in the fruit include Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, and Zinc. Like Apple, it also provides dietary fiber. This fiber makes it good for controlling blood sugar, colon and cardiovascular problems. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-kiwi-have-a-lot-of-acid-in-it ]
More Answers to “Does kiwi have a lot of acid in it“
- Does kiwi have a lot of acid in it
- Kiwi Is high in ascorbic acid, or vitamin C. It is rich in copper and potassium. Other minerals present in the fruit include Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, and Zinc. Like Apple, it also provides dietary fiber. This fiber m…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Could sucralose really be the cause of my problems?
- Q: I’ve been experiencing some gastrointestinal issues for the last couple of months. The biggest problem was severe bloating and pressure that led to nausea and feeling sick. It would usually start right after eating (even if I ate a very small meal) but didn’t seem to be affected by what I ate. It would usually last a few hours or so and then go away gradually. At one point, I actually experienced dry heaves when the pressure got so bad. I drink–or I did drink, anyway–a lot of water with a drink mix added to it. The one I almost always use is basically the Great Value brand of Propel, which is a vitamin-enhanced drink mix (the flavor I always use is kiwi strawberry, but I doubt that’s important). I don’t like water by itself. In college, it wasn’t unusual for me to drink a Mountain Dew for every meal as well as in between, but despite the obvious bad idea that was, I never experienced any problems from it. This fall, I moved into my own apartment and since I was in total control of all of the food/drinks I bought, I started drinking more of the water/propel (off brand) than I had been, limiting my caffeine to one Mountain Dew a day. Around that time (and I can’t pinpoint whether it was an exact coincidence or not, since at the time I thought nothing of it) I started experiencing these problems. I’ve been drinking this stuff for a couple of years now and I’ve had some other increasing symptoms, but nothing all that severe–I thought it was mostly anxiety. It wasn’t until this fall–around November–that they got unbearable and actually made me nearly sick, and that’s about when I started drinking a whole lot more of this drink (and the worse I felt, the more I drank, thinking it was better for me than caffeine!). I tried a variety of OTC medicines–Gas-X, Tums, Maalox, Acid Reducers, Prevacid (at the recommendation of a doctor), and Phazyme. The Phazyme (a high dose of simethicone) seemed to help a tiny bit with the bloating, but didn’t make it go away. My doctor thought it was just anxiety that was increasing, even though I’m actually much less anxious now than I’ve been in a long time (financially independent, exercise daily, have a great hobby, absolutely love my job, etc.). He prescribed Lexapro, which I took for about a month. I noticed that I started feeling better, and while I started feeling better before the Lexapro could have really kicked in, I just assumed that something had finally clicked. However, I was still experiencing the problem occasionally. I also stopped taking the Lexapro (too expensive and didn’t really notice a difference anyway) and didn’t have any increase in my symptoms. While doing some reading/researching online, I noticed a link to the sucralose/stomach issues. About a month ago–when I first started feeling better–I had also decided to go back to drinking my regular Mt. Dew and less of the other drink, since drinking more of the water didn’t seem to be helping anyway. I was still drinking a good bit of it, but not as much as I had been. I was still having occasional symptoms, but not on a daily basis as I was before (I could actually go out and do things without being constantly afraid of being sick/feeling miserable). Today is Monday. I had one bottle of the water/mix on Saturday night. I had some slight discomfort Sunday, but nothing major. I felt great all day today–and I ate normally (which for me is probably more than the average person…I always had a big appetite, despite being thin). It’s only been two days since the last water/propel drink, so I know it may be too soon to tell, but I’m holding out hope that the sucralose (I checked the ingredients and sucralose was in it) may have been the cause–and that this problem of mine isn’t going to be something I deal with for the rest of my life. Sorry for the lengthy question, but I’m very hopeful at this point. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas or input as to whether that could be the culprit?Thought I’d add some of the less bothersome symptoms I’ve had…not sure if they’re related or not (just noticed some of them in my reading):chapped lipsshortness of breath/tightness in chestfeeling of choking/like something’s in throatrandom constipation or diarrheagasheadaches (not that often)
- A: sorry if i’m no help, but no one’s answered, so i figured i would try! it’s possible your issue is the propel type thing-i’m not sure what it is in it, but flavored water always makes me feel sick. your best bet is to not drink it for the next week or so, then see if you feel better. then drink it again and see if your issues come back.have you actually seen a GI doctor about this? you’re definitely (obviously) talking about a GI issue. i highly doubt it’s anxiety related. the tightness in the chest could be heart burn, and feeling like you have something in your throat could be caused by swelling (happens when you have enough acid build up, that you get scar tissue in your esophagus) and the others are obvious GI issues too. it could be brought on by stress, but you could also have an underlying issue. i would just go see your GI doctor, see what he/she has to say.good luck!
- would this workout work for arm muscles,rate it and tell me if its safe btw im 15?
- Q: Preparation Do not work out for two days before your big day. This day will consist of working out only your arms, and eating a very strict diet. Make sure you get a lot of sleep the night before because it’s going to be a rough day and you’re gonna need all the energy you can get.The Diet A strict diet for you to follow to ensure your body is getting everything it needs.I have organized the eating and working out into specific times to make it easier to follow.Breakfast – 7:45am4 Hard boiled Eggs6oz. cottage cheese4oz. brown rice3oz. hash browns10oz. skim milksome kiwi or pineapple4oz. ground beef3 digestive enzyme tabs5 free-form amino acid tabsSnack – 10:15ammake a shake with:pineapple juicebanana1 eggstrawberriesice2 scoops carb powder2 scoops protein powderLunch – 12:40pmmake a shake with:2 scoops protein powder10oz. waterany type of berriesSnack – 3:10pmsame as previous snackplus 5 free form amino acid tabsDinner – 6:00pm6oz. steak1 baked potato4oz. brown ricesmall salad of your preferencesome kiwi or pineapple10oz. skim milk3 digestive enzyme tabs5 free form amino acid tabsSnack – 9:00pm2 hardboiled eggs4oz. cottage cheesesome kiwi or pineapple10.oz skim milk wiith 2 scoops protein powder3oz. brown riceI know it’s a lot but the workout will take a lot out of you so you will be very hungry.The Workout Use these workout times in correspondence with the diet schedule stated above.First off, it is important that you don’t pick a weight that will make you purple in the face, but one that is just heavy enough to give you a good pump. You are bound to fail if you’re weight is too heavy.Secondly, you will notice in the beginning of the day that the workout is fairly easy, but I assure you that you will be crying around lunch time.Do the following starting at 9:00am and every hour on the hour having the last run at 5:00pm:barbell curls: 3 sets x 8-10 repssupersetted withlying barbell triceps extensions: 3 sets x 8-10 repsNow every hour starting at 9:30am til 5:30 pm do:seated dumbell curls: 3 sets x 8-10 repsspersetted withlying dumbell triceps extensions: 3 sets x 8-10 repsSo barbell exercises you will do at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 and dumbell exercises you will do at 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30.Rest Now the easy part. Don’t work out for about 3-4 days, but trust me, you won’t want to. The day after your big day your arms will feel like mush, but on the 2nd or third day you will be able to flex them nicely to take a good measurement.If you started the plan but quit midday, no worries, you will still get minor gains, but chances are they won’t be an inch.
- A: If you think you can keep that up, it should work – although it isn’t really sustainable so I hope your only looking for short term effects!
- The only cure for the Psoriasis?
- Q: Hi All,OK this is how I cured my Psoriasis. But please read my suggested book titles aswell as i think it is essential that you are also self educated about your particular case of Psoriasis as everybody is different and often respond differently to treatments (as mentioned in my previous posts).Let me first describe what was my particular case of Psoriasis and symptoms: Chronic Scalp Psoriasis was my main symptom, also small patches on nose folds, ears and eyebrows (mainly during flareups). Also infrequent small patches on my lower legs and groin area. I also had a minor form of Gastritis/IBS which gave me constant stomach bloating. I also was increasingly becoming more intolerant to different foods (a sure sign of an intestinal imbalance and an unhappy Liver).I cured my Psoriasis by working both from the outside aswell as the inside as follows-:Outside (external treatment): Regular application of healing cream to Psoriasis spots (2 or 3 times a day). Also use only Natural shower gels and shampoos that do not contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate (most good health shops stock this). SLS is a harsh detergent that will only slow your healing process.Ingredients: 2 Parts pure Aloe Vera Gel, 1 part Jojoba Oil, enough to fill a small 50ml/50g jar. Then add the contents of a punctured capsule that contains either liquid Vitamin A as Retynil Acetate or Palmitate (ask your pharmacy), or simply fish liver oil as this also contains pure Vitamin A&D (the smelly option). Also add a few drops of pure tea tree oil to the preparation. Keep a jar handy for regular use. Once your patches disappear you can use the same cream but without the Vitamin A as a maintenance cream. Or the Body Shop Aloe Vera daily soothing moisture cream is a surprisingly good maintenance cream aswell. A Great face cream too!Scalp Psoriasis: You should apply this preparation once to your scalp and wash it out in the evening. It is a very light gel cream that is easy to apply even to the scalp and simply looks like you have used a wet look hair gel. Wash it out with an organic Apple Cider Vinegar before using an all natural shampoo that does not contain SLS (most health shops stock these types of shampoos. Avalon is a good choice). Apple Cider Vinegar is great for killing the yeast fungus on your scalp and restoring your natural acid mantle. It is also incredibly effective against dandruff and much better then any commercial product like Head & Shoulders. The first week you should use it every other day and then just once a week after that or when your scalp feels itchy or flaky. Directions: Apply about a cup full of Apple Cider Vinegar to your scalp (use an empty water bottle and make a hole in the cap) and gently massage it in to your scalp (you can add some clove oil and/or tea tree oil to cover up the smell on your hair). Then cover it up with a towel or plastic hair cap and let it sit on your scalp for between 1/2 to 1 hour. The longer the better depending on your time available before rinsing out.Inside (Internal Treatment):1.Liver Cleansing Diet2.Anti-Bacterial, Fungus & protozoa course3.Juice Fast Weekend4.Immune restoring diet courseUsing Liver Tonic and natural organic multi-vitamin tonicAll with regular exercise and massage to help toxin eliminationWeek 1&2: Liver/Blood cleansing and elimination diet: Wake up: Two glasses of warm water (not too hot) with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice in the second glass.Then 2 capsules of Evening Primrose oilBreakfast: Fruit only- Apple compote (or stewed apple without sugar), Bananas, Kiwi fruit, Papaya, Pineapple, (no citrus fruits).=> If you are prone to a sensitive stomach or some form of IBS then stew your fruit first by simply cooking on low heat in a saucepan with a cover for about 10mins with a little water (this will avoid the raw Cellulose and starches irritating your system)Teas: Lots of Camomile, Peppermint with honey teas during the dayLunch: Liver green salads (which include: Cress, Lambs lettuce, Parley, Raw Garlic) or cold cooked vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables (cooked the night before) with a lemon and virgin olive oil dressing (must be home made).=> IF you have a sensitive stomach avoid raw salads and opt for the cooked vegetables.Teas: Lots of Camomile, Peppermint teas with honey during the dayEarly evening Liver/Skin health drink- Home juiced: Carrot,Beet and Celery juice.You can add some fruit juice to taste if you like.Dinner: Fish or organic farm chicken (cooked in lemon, olive oil and garlic sauce) with fresh ginger or fresh herbs (choice of: Dill, oregano, basil, rosmary) and steamed cruciferous vegetables (choice of: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage) Snacks(between meals): Apple Compote (or sugar free Stewed Apples), fruits, Rice cakes dipped in olive oil.Also use a good liver tonic to speed the process up like: Swedish Bitters (a world renown natura
- A: Hi,This sounds much easier to do, and less expensive too, only about $1 a day.This is a demo video to watch for the eczema cure as seen in Japan. It is not used in Hospitals all over the world yet – but as more people get this water then they will all see that Eczema is curable.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLW-HKgQzU&feature=PlayList&p=262C30FDF046ADAB&playnext=1&index=4You can try to get free alkaline water – place a wanted add on http://craigslist.com Place a add to ask for 8.5 PH drinking water, and hope that the person can also make 2.5 PH water. Drinking the alkaline water will help, even if you can not spray the 2.5 PH water on your skin and hair.I have been helping a friend get rid of his psoriasis’ on his skin, it covers about 2 square feet of his arms and hands. He has been spraying on 2.5 PH water for about a month now, and it is working. He is also drinking 9.5 PH water. His wife has MS, and is also drinking the 9.5 PH alkaline water, and is doing much better.Good Luck!