How can I make my hair grow faster and what makes it not grow so fast
B vitamins help hair and nails grow faster, especially B6, B7 (biotin) and B9 (folic acid). The minerals magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also known to contribute to hair and nail growth. Lack of vitamins contribute to slow hair growth. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-can-i-make-my-hair-grow-faster-and-what-makes-it-not-grow-so-fast ]
More Answers to “How can I make my hair grow faster and what makes it not grow so fast“
- How can I make my hair grow faster and what makes it not grow so …?
- B vitamins help hair and nails grow faster, especially B6, B7 (biotin) and B9 (folic acid). The minerals magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also known to contribute to hair and nail growth. Lack of vitamins contribute to slow hair growt…
- Are there ways to make hair not grow so fast?
- stop cutting it! your hair won’t grow as fast if you have bad ends,
- How can i make my hair not grow so fast?
- You can’t, but the good news is that your hair grows a lot faster during warm weather, so with fall and winter coming around soon, it should slow down a bit. Also, it is a good sign that the milk is doing the job and you are getting the nut…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to make hair grow FAST? What about leaving it with a natural looking gloss?
- Q: Okay. So my hair is about 2 inches past my shoulders but I want it to grow down to my waist (waist. not hips.) My hair is really really dry and not soft at all. I wanted it to be long and glossy. My friends say that when taking an Aloe Vera plant and getting the slimy stuff outta it, and putting it in your hair, makes it grow faster and makes it shine. I have a very nice hair color, a cool dark brown which i need to keep and i cannot put anything in my hair that’ll make it discolor. can aloe vera help me? does it make hair grow fast and make it shine? if so, how long do i leave it in my hair for>???
- A: Well you are in luck, because nothing that you put on your hair can help it grow faster in any way! It is a totally biological process, you can only ingest things to help it grow.Hair isn’t alive and it doesn’t grow. Hair is an accumulation of a protein called keratin inside the follicle. As it builds up on the bottom it is pushed out the top, creating “hair growth”. This is a biological process so nothing that you do to your hair, like trimming it or using some “special” shampoo can help. Eat a healthy, protein rich diet and take a regular multivitamin daily. Since hair is protein, eating foods rich in protein like peanut butter, eggs, and fish can help to accelerate growth. Do not take prenatal vitamins, despite what some uneducated people here may say, taking too many vitamins can do serious damage to your organs, cause arthritis, and can even cause death. It isn’t “just extra nutrients,” it is deadly so don’t believe it. I don’t mean to sound negative, but this is serious and I don’t want to see people get hurt for long hair! So no shampoo (including Mane n’ Tail!) can, in any way, accelerate hair growth. Hair growth is almost entirely genetic, and a little bit diet, so all that you can do it change your diet. Split ends cause breakage on the bottom of your hair, not at the base. Hair is an inanimate strand of protein, nothing that you do to the bottom if it can have any effect on the top of it. Hair growth is entirely biological and has nothing to do with the hair that you already have, so having healthy hair DOES NOT mean that it will grow faster. If you want healthy hair, avoid heat at all costs and get a salon quality shampoo and conditioner, wash the conditioner out with cold water. Aloe Vera doesn’t do anything to hair!
- How can I make my hair grow faster/longer?
- Q: My hair is about shoulder length and I’d like it to eventually be 6 inches longer (I realize that will take a lot of time). What product will not damage the hair, but help it grow at a faster rate, while keeping the hair strong? Will that Rogaine stuff work? My hair is pretty thick, so I want something that won’t make it thicker, but will make it longer.Any tips are welcome (how often to get a hair trim, how many times to brush it per day, etc)Thank you so much!
- A: Hair grows about 1/2 inch a month. But with a little effort, you might be able to speed that process up. 1.) Massage your scalp vigorously for two minutes before you shower. This help loosen dirt on your scalp so hair can break through that ‘barrier’. It also helps stimulate growth. 2.) Use shampoos and/or conditioners that contain shea butter or avocado oil. These ingredients keep hair from drying out and breaking. 3.) Don’t use heating appliances (straighteners, curling irons, etc.) when you don’t have to. Like around the house. Try to give your hair at least a day off a week. 4.) Heat 1 cup of olive oil in the microwave until it’s lukewarm and pour over wet hair from root to tip. Wrap a towel around your head and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and shampoo WELL so your hair isn’t oily. Condition to lock in moisture. 5.) Use a silk pillowcase. Cotton fibers from cotton pillowcases can catch hair and make hair break off easier.6.) Invest in a nice hair mask that you use once or twice a week. 7.) Trim hair once every 6-8 weeks. Hair that is shoulder length is about a year old.Hope all this helps!!!
- How can I make my hair grow faster?
- Q: I think I have a very slow growing hair. I have been growing my hair for four months or so and it is still very short. I don’t think I can even braid it yet.my hair is jus thick and all choked up together and I think dats why it is not growing well.the hair never gets straight, it kinda shrinks after I braid it. can someone tell me what to do to make my hair grow faster?
- A: You can do several things to help hair growth. The best is to take some vitamin E or increase vitamin E in your diet. Also scalp massage, getting regular trims, and some people swear by using horse shampoo and conditioner (gives you silky and shiney hair).