Is weed bad for acne
There is no connection between marijuana use and acne. There are several over the counter treatments for mild acne. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-weed-bad-for-acne ]
More Answers to “Is weed bad for acne“
- Do you get bad skin/acne from smoking weed every day?
- Experts say that nothing you do, like the foods you eat or even smoking pot, can cause acne. Researches say genetics is a factor.
- Can this make you break out with really bad acne? weed smokers on…?
- More than likely its stress and anxiety from wanting to smoke. Because me, my girl and most of my friends smoke on a regular basis too but sometimes wen we go without smoking we don’t break out unless we are really stressed about something …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Marijuana can give you acne?
- Q: I have had pretty bad acne for about 7 years, in those years, i have been smoking massive amounts of weed, i meen massive, like an ounce every two days, or more. Thats about 32 grams a day, which is about 16 blunts, 32 joints. And so i started gettin real bad panic attacks and chest pains, and couldnt breathe very good. So i quit smoking, and within a week my pretty severe acne has cleared up i would say about 80%, still have some scars, but for the most part, its all gone. 7 years of acne, which i struggled with for so long, and quitting weed clears it up in one week? How is that possible, was weed maybe messing up my hormones or something? I am 17 years old.
- A: It may not be sex hormone-related since most sex hormones don’t seem to be affected by marijuana use [Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women, Drug and alcohol dependence, 1991 Aug;28(2):121-8]. However, the amount that you’re smoking would be keeping your cortisol levels elevated constantly [Acute effects of smoking marijuana on hormones, subjective effects and performance in male human subjects, Pharmacology, biochemistry, and behavior, 1986 Jun;24(6):1749-54]. “Produced by the adrenal glands in response to stress, the hormone cortisol stimulates the sebaceous glands, triggering the production of extra oil. This increases the incidence of comedones, causing acne breakouts.” [from acne.com]For more on the physiological effects of marijuana and how quitting may help you in the long-term, search for ‘marijuana’ at http://scholar.google.com
- I need help with my friend? please?
- Q: She had been sad alot lately… like depressed. and im worried about her. we’ve known eachother 4 9 years and r like sisters. personally these r the reasons y i think shes sad:1. her dad died (he meant the world 2 her) 2 yrs ago2. her mom drinks3. she is pretty heavy ( 4′ 9. 197 lbs.)4. she go to boyfriends for the kind of lov she lost with her dad.5. pretty bad acne6. live with bad influences( weed pot beer etc.)(mom only beer)7. im the only true friend.her other good friend hurt her even more by stealing all her bf’s and she keeps forgiving herAND I NEED HELP WIT THIS TOO! SHE CRIES AROUND ME AND I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO TO COMFORT HER… HUG OR SAY ITS OK OR WHAT?and were both 13 i asked this question 2 time b4 and no good actual answers! please help!!!
- A: WOW! It sounds like your friend is in a bad situation. She is lucky to have someone like you who wants to take care of her. The best thing you can do is let her vent and talk to you about all her problems. Just listen, let her know you understand and that you are there for her. Talk to one of your grown ups and ask them to help her. If you cannot talk to one of your parents, talk to a favorite aunt, church member, school counselor, or somebody you think you can trust. She needs an adult to intervene and help her. The situation she is in is definitely not healthy. Unfortunately, it is also more than you can help her with alone. So, pick an adult you trust and either tell them every thing, or have her talk to them. It may get a little rough and scary, but in the long run it will be much, much better for her. Thanks for being such a good friend to her!
- I need help with my friend?
- Q: She had been sad alot lately… like depressed. and im worried about her. we’ve known eachother 4 9 years and r like sisters. personally these r the reasons y i think shes sad:1. her dad died (he meant the world 2 her) 2 yrs ago2. her mom drinks3. she is pretty heavy ( 4′ 9. 197 lbs.)4. she go to boyfriends for the kind of lov she lost with her dad.5. pretty bad acne6. live with bad influences( weed pot beer etc.)(mom only beer)7. im the only true friend.AND I NEED HELP WIT THIS TOO! SHE CRIES AROUND ME AND I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO TO COMFORT HER… HUG OR SAY ITS OK OR WHAT? and were both 13 i asked this question 2 time b4 and no good actual answers! please help!!!her other good friend hurt her even more by stealing all her bf’s and she keeps forgiving her
- A: It sounds like she has a lot of things going wrong in her life. Just keep doing what your doing. Im kinda in the same situation with my best friend. Just always be there for her. Thats the best you can do. Try and take her out ot do something and do some fun stuff with her. Try to get everything thats going on in her life out of her mind just for a little bit. She is your best friend and you cant abandone her. It seems like you are the only TRUE FRIEND that she actually has. Find something that she likes or liked to do and take her to do it. Be the best friend and support that she has and needs. She needs someone there for her to help her. Get her away from all the bad things and drive ehr towards the good things. If she is having problems at home with her mom, get her away from the house for a bit. Have a sleepover with friends that are both of your friends. That might get her mind off of everything and she will have a little fun. I know that its really hard trust me. But your what she needs and sounds like that only thing that shes got. Basically BE THERE FOR HER EVEN IF SHE SAYS SHES FINE