What are some reasons that people bruise easily
A:Causes of Easy Bruising are cirrhosis of the liver, Marfan Syndrome, aging skin, bone marrow disorders, hemophilia, platelet More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-some-reasons-that-people-bruise-easily ]
More Answers to “What are some reasons that people bruise easily“
- What are some reasons that people bruise easily
- Causes of Easy Bruising are cirrhosis of the liver, Marfan Syndrome, aging skin, bone marrow disorders, hemophilia, platelet More?
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- some sort of calcium deficiency? [Very very,long, please take time to read]?
- Q: About a month and a half ago i went to the doctor because i was having continuance chest pain, fluttering feelings [i guess are called palpitations]. I also was getting very short of breath doing normal things like walking up stairs, etc. I was actually having all of these things off n on,for about 21/2 months but ignored them thinking it was just stress or something. Then when i mentioned it to my mom, she was a little upset explaining to me that when i was a baby and young child i had a heart arrhythmia and i should get it checked out. So i went to the doctor, he seemed to be concerned so he gave me an EKG. Turns out, my heart rate was off rhythm so the next week i was in the hospital getting an ultrasound on my heart, and wore a 24 hour holster monitor. they did detect irregular heart rate, but they said it was not irregular enough to be concerned about any serious heart problems, and that i will probably always have a slight off heart beat. They were more concerned about my blood work, the nurse called me and said that my calcium was not too good, and to take calcium supplements and make sure to get vitamin d, drink water, and eat dairy products. She told me to come back for another blood test in about a month. I’m over-due for my blood test, but i plan to go back within a couple weeks to take it. *SOME BACKGROUND INFO* im 17, a female. [ i am extremely picky, and i dont have a big appetite. My family often lectured me about vitamins and such. I do not like milk, any type, im not a big fan of cheese, fish, etc, and i was a vegetarian. I didnt exactly get the nutrition i needed so i thought that could be a case]also, when i started having chest pains, i stopped smoking cigarettes, and stopped drinking, etc.The same day i started taking viactiv calcium chews, 1 citracal calcium citrate tablet [containing 400 iu 100% vitamin D, & 630 mg of calcium 63%] i started eating meat, i started drinking chocoalte milk daily. [its progress, plain milk makes me gag] but i do not feel any better, in fact im feeling slighty worse. the same/new things im feeling are1. I still experience chest pain, short spasms of sharp pain a few times a day. i can sometimes feel my heart racing like, and i still very often, more often, get the fluttery feelings.2. Im still feeling short of breath, but not as easily as i was before. HOWEVER i do have a more difficult time breathing. Its hard to describe but i feel like when i inhale something is blocking my air way, like i cant take a sufficient breath. this is what makes my breathing short i think..3. I have been extremely sore. My shoulders have had really intense pain, My neck has also been very stiff for no reason. Im also bruising very easily. 4. My skin and my hair and my nails are dry. I have curly hair, so dry hair isn’t to much of a surprise. but people always compliment me on how soft my skin is, but its been extremely dry. i’ve also had uncontrollable psoriasis breaks, which i can usually handle. its on my legs, my back, ugh. My lower legs also cramp up sometimes to where its difficult to walk or move. it lasts about 30 seconds.5. my leg muscles, my fingers, twitch and shake randomly. its weird. 6. I have a very big loss of appetite. I get full off not even a half a bowl of soup. ive been forcing myself to eat. Any ideas? I plan on going to my doctor with us, i just wanted some general ideas i can maybe bring up with him. I’m sorry this is like an essay, i justed want to thoroughly explain everything.
- A: Calcium plays a BIG role in the whole electrical conduction of the heart, just as does iron, potassium, etc, etc. I wouldn’t play around with getting your blood work done again… did they mention to you what your iron count might be… i would assume it is low and if that is the case it could also be giving you the signs and symptoms you are getting… if they didn’t test your iron ask them to… if your iron is low your blood is not carrying enough oxygen that can directly affect your heart and give you these problems. also ask them what your hemoglobin and hemacrit levels are…. good luck to you!
- Need advice on girlfriend’s health?
- Q: I’ve been dating my girlfriend for about 5 years. In that time we have learned about our eating habits and what we do and do not like. Her diet consist of pretty much bread, cheese, and meat. She’ll eat her occasional fruits and vegetables but it not guaranteed to be in her diet daily. I’ve noticed in our 5 years of being together that she tends to get sick a lot quicker than “normal” people. She also bruises very easily and tends to get tired. I have nagged her time and time that the reason this happens is because of her poor diet. She is not a big girl by any means. What would be the best thing to take to ensure that her health stays at a good level. I’ve tried to make her eat vegetables but I’ve realized now that it’s just not going to happen. Would vitamins make a difference? And if so, what are some good ones for women her age (26 years old)? Any ideas on the subject that would be helpful is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- A: hi im a final year med student in ireland, if you cannot convince her to eat more healthy foods then yes vitamins are they way to go. unfortunately, the easily contracted infections and easy bruising are tell tail signs of future conditions that may damage her health. her immune system needs a huge boost to fight off her infections.. thats vitamin c.. foods with vitamin c are not enough. . 1000mg of vitamin c twice daily wil improve her immune system immensely. you can get 1000mg soluable tablets, drop them into water and it becomes an orange drink.. easily taken and will make her much more healthy overall. vitamin c is the way to go for all of this. she will feel much better in general too. if she eats butter, try to buy butter that is rich in omega 3, vitamin b6 and and vitamin d can be bought in tablet form too that can be swallowed. but vitamin c .. trust me on this vitamin c will boost her overall health
- I need help with some legal trouble?
- Q: Ok well a little about the situation, me and my boyfriend ended up getting screwed over by our slum-lord and we got evicted, so we had to move in with me boyfriend’s friend at his mom’s house. Me and my boyfriend were having a difficult time with things and he did get very abusive, so I broke it off with him and told him he needed to change. That was in January of this year, needless to say he started anger management and counseling and has been on medications and really showing improvement. His friend doesn’t like me FOR NO REASON. I have never done anything to this guy and the only thing I can come up with is that he is jealous of me. He (the friend) ended up kicking me out and wouldn’t let me get my things from the house, so I called the cops so I could get my belongings. Prior to that me and my boyfriend got into an argument because I was upset that he chose his friend over me, AGAIN. When the cops came, they saw bruises on my arm and assumed it was from him because they knew we were arguing. He didn’t put them there, I fell down some icy steps outside bringing up the laundry. They brought me down to the station, called my father and told him the situation and then my dad said I was mentally incapable of making my own decisions (because I’m diagnosed with bipolar disorder) and they took pictures. I didn’t sign any statements or anything like that and I didn’t say anything about anything. Now my boyfriend is facing domestic abuse charges and he didn’t do anything. I will have to go to court soon but I don’t want to because I get angry easily and yell and say stupid things without thinking about them at times. I don’t know what else to do considering if he would’ve really put the bruises there I wouldn’t care, but he has been through anger management and I know this because I drop him off and stay there until the sessions are done and he also goes to counseling. I know people say that he won’t change or it will go right back to the way it was but I don’t think like that. He has changed and I have to give that a chance. Is there anything that I can do to get the police and judge to listen to me without them thinking he has brainwashed me or threatened me or anything like that? I know I will get subpoenaed to court but I really don’t want to go. Please help its only a month away.So if I go and testify, they won’t think that he brainwashed me into saying that he didn’t? I mean they already lied once (the cops made up a bogus story) and I don’t want him to get this charge.
- A: If you testify that he didn’t hit you, he wont be convicted.