What does the vitamin zinc do
Zinc keeps the immune system strong, helps heal wounds, and supports normal growth. Zinc is a popular treatment for common colds. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-vitamin-zinc-do ]
More Answers to “What does the vitamin zinc do“
- What does the vitamin zinc do
- Zinc keeps the immune system strong, helps heal wounds, and supports normal growth. Zinc is a popular treatment for common colds.
- How does vitamin Zinc help the body?
- Zinc is an essential mineral that is found in every cell in our body. It stimulates the activity of about 100 enzymes, substances that promote biochemical reactions in your body. Among its many functions, zinc helps maintain a healthy immun…
- How To Use HM Stress Formula Vitamin/Zinc Oral
- Take this medication by mouth, usually once daily or as directed. Follow all directions on the product package, or take as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dosage. If you are uncertain about any of the informat…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What does the vitamin Zinc do for your body?
- A: Zinc metal is included in most single tablet over-the-counter daily vitamin and mineral supplements. It is believed to possess anti-oxidant properties, which protect against premature aging of the skin and muscles of the body. In larger amounts, taken as zinc alone in other proprietaries, it is believed by some to speed up the healing process after an injury. It has also been shown to harden fingernails and eliminate white spots (leukonychia) from them.
- what does the vitamin zinc do for the body?
- A: I take it to shorten the duration and severeness of colds. Sometimes if I start taking it when I first get that tickle in my throat, I don’t get sick at all. Whenever I have gotten piercings in the past they have suggested taking a zinc suppliment to speed up the healing process. I never did, but I always wondered.
- Is it alright to take both a multivitamin and a zinc vitamin at the same time?
- Q: What effect does it have on men?
- A: No. If the multi vitamins have zinc included then you could damage your kidneys and liver. Be very careful when taking vitamin supplements as people can die of overdoses.These websites may help….http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2053859/the_health_benefits_of_zinc_for_men.html?cat=5http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vitamins/vitamin-overdose.htmlhttp://www.healthvitaminsguide.com/vitamins/overdose-of-vitamins.htm