What does witch hazel do as a skin astringent
Witch hazel is a anti-oxidant and astringent, it very useful in fighting acne & can also help speed the healing of cold sores. Tnx [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-witch-hazel-do-as-a-skin-astringent ]
More Answers to “What does witch hazel do as a skin astringent“
- What does witch hazel do as a skin astringent
- Witch hazel is a anti-oxidant and astringent, it very useful in fighting acne & can also help speed the healing of cold sores. Tnx
- What is Witch Hazel / not the Astringent.?
- Witch hazel has been healing people since the 1800’s. It is a flowering shrub.
- Can using witch hazel astringent make you break out more?
- If you are looking for an astringent I would suggest Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner with aloe vera. It does not make me break out and it makes my skin very soft.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does it work………………?
- Q: What exactly does an astringent, such as witch hazel, do when it is applied to the skin on your face?
- A: Witch hazel is mainly used externally on sores, bruises, and swelling. The main constituents of the extract include tannin, gallic acid, catechins, proanthocyanins, flavonoids (kaempferol, quercetin), essential oil (carvacrol, eugenol, hexenol), choline, saponins, and bitters. Distilled witch hazel sold in drug stores and pharmacies typically contains no tannin.Witch hazel hydrosol is used in skin care. It is a strong anti-oxidant and astringent, which makes it very useful in fighting acne. It has been recommended for psoriasis, eczema, aftershave applications, cracked or blistered skin, for treating insect bites, poison ivy, and as a treatment for varicose veins and hemorrhoids. (It is found in numerous over the counter hemorrhoid preparations.)Witch hazel is also known to help with speeding the healing of cold sores with several daily applications.
- Help with my acne!?
- Q: I’ve been having alot of problems with acne lately.. It seems just within the past few months. I eat a very healthy diet, and exercise/drink my water etc. I wash my face every night with a general face wash, apply witch hazel as an astringent then use neutrogena moisturizer with salicylc acid in it to treat acne. However, it doesn’t seem to be working! I can’t think of what else to do..Seeing a dermatologist isnt an option right now, unfortunately. For awhile I used a cheaper version of Proactiv called AcneFree, which was virtually the same thing- same benzoyl peroxide concentration and everything. I swore by it! But as of late it’s been burning my face! It mustve become more sensitive, because the next morning I wake up and my face is dry/very red. It really sucks because I know it works, adn with my current lack of confidence It’s exactly what I need. But my skin is reacting so weirdly to it.. =/ahhhh!
- A: Try this. This is what I do and it works good for me.Other than washing your face a lot : (I recommend Clearasil Ultra. There is a 3 step system and it works great!)Ice down the acne before bed, by morning it should be noticeably less swollen. Works best on larger pimples that have not yet formed a head. Put toothpaste on your pimple before you go to bed, should help reduce swelling overnight. Make sure it is the paste not the gel. One of the most popular acne home remedies. Becareful it might make your skin dry. If your skin gets dry use a moisturizer lotion.Tea Tree oil can also be applied directly to infected pores.Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning. This might also make your skin dry.Drink plenty of water.Pimple Removal : (only do this on pimples that have formed a head)Prepare for a small surgical pimple removing procedure. You’ll need a small sewing needle, a bottle of alcohol, some gauze (or a small band-aid), and some warm water. Some people think you’ll need to run a needle through a flame. This isn’t Dr. Quinn Medicine woman. Rubbing alcohol will do. Wash your face and hands before attempting to pop the pimple. Washing your face and hands ensures that all makeup, oils, germs and bacteria are no longer near the pimple you’re about to burst. Also, dip a majority of the needle in the alcohol, and for safe measure apply some of that alcohol to your fingers and the pimple–dabbing with some gauze to dry the area. Prick the white part of the pimple very lightly with the tip of your needle. Once you’ve done that, put two small squares of gauze on either side of the pimple and apply pressure with two fingers to ensure that the remaining puss is squeezed out of the pore, retaining pressure until clear liquid appears. When clear liquid or blood appears, you’ll know the pimple is gone. Wipe the pimple clean with an alcohol soaked gauze pad. It’ll sting a little, but that’s a good thing. The alcohol will kill most of the bacteria in and around the wound, helping you to avoid an infected pimple. If you wish, you can put a small, sterile bandaid on the area or cover it with an antibacterial concealerFor redness use eye drops.This works for me!
- i have acne and my dad tells me to use rubbing alcohol on it?
- Q: heres my skin care routine-PM:face wash- aveeno clear complexion cleansing bartoner- witch hazelmoisturizer- cetaphil (sometimes clinique)i steam my face 3-4 times a week and i use noxzema as a face mask every other 2-3 days. AM:pretty much the same things just no steaming and masks.when i get home after school i just use a cotton ball and this astringent my mom gave me (its from the Philipines) [eskinol]just to get the excess oil and dirt out. i dont want to wash cos id be over washing.this pretty much works for me and it calms my acne but whenever the time of the month comes the acne just gets back to the way it was. my acne never really completely clears but my routine pretty much works good for me.on the other hand my dad lectures me about using so much chemicals on my face. and he tells be how noxzema is an ADULT product. is it really? i mean it works GREAT!! and then my dad recomends me using just the bar soap we use for showering and alcohol because it kills the bacteria. whenever i do what he says my face looks soooo DRY after i do this and then when i wake up in the morning my face would look soo oily it looks like im sweating and when i do this in the morning and when i get too school my face would be so oily and shiny you can see reflections! (ugh!) ewwie!what should i do? my dad is taking me to my doctor on april to see what he recomends. but what should i do keep using my routine or my dads? i dont want to disrespect you know?
- A: dont put alcohol but your dad is right, dont use too many chemicals its bad, i use to put all this things that they would recomend me and it just made it worst so just dont put a lot stuff just wash it until u go to the doctor or dermotologist(?) and they will most likely prescribe you pills that will work wonderfully =)