What happens if you have hemophilia
A:Hemophillia can cause people to bleed longer than normal. If it is not treated, the person can bleed to death. Need more? ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-if-you-have-hemophilia ]
More Answers to “What happens if you have hemophilia“
- What happens if you have hemophilia
- Hemophillia can cause people to bleed longer than normal. If it is not treated, the person can bleed to death. Need more? ChaCha!
- How common is hemophilia?
- There are actually two kinds of hemophilia although both of them are typically found more in men than women. Hemophilia A is the more common of the two of them having a ratio of 1 in 4000 men in the world. Hemophilia B is found in newborn b…
- Who discovered hemophilia?
- Hemophilia is a bleeding disorder where your blood takes longer to clot than average. Dr. John Conrad Otto discovered hemophilia, which was traced in 1720. You can find more information here: http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Who_Discovere…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how sever is life threatening with hemophilia?
- Q: how much blood would a small cut release? if someone did something like press a small amount of blood against a non-carrier”s wound what would happen? is it possible to have seizures as well if one has epilepsy? what is the most severe form of epilepsy? can you still do things like dance? is it easy to hide?
- A: Next time, try one question at a time.Small cuts in a hemophiliac release a LOT of blood.Hemophilia isn’t contagious, it’s genetic.While some temporary conditions can cause seizures, the most common reason for a seizure is epilepsy.Epileptics, as a rule, can live a normal live once the right medical regimen has been worked out.
- What chromosome number is affected by hemophilia (a). IF there is one at all.?
- Q: This is a biology question for an essay so if you happen to have a source that youd like to provide it would be awesome.
- A: Hemophilia is a sex linked trait which means that it is on the Chomosome 23 X.
- Do I have hemophilia?
- Q: Is there some way a 14 year old girl could have a really mild form of hemophilia without even knowing it? Idk if this is normal, but when I bite my lip (bad habit) it bleeds and I don’t notice, then I look in the mirror and I have blood all over my lips. If I get cut or scratched by something dull, like a bread knife it doesn’t really bleed, but if its really sharp like a razor then even a tiny cut bleeds a LOT. And it will start again like a day later. Does that happen to everyone when they nick themselves shaving? I asked that yesterday on Y!A and someone said I might have mild hemophilia without even knowing it. They said to see a doctor and I CAN”T at the moment, so I’m feeling kinda paranoid about the whole thing. What do you all think?
- A: Woman can get hemophilia however this is VERY RARE. For a woman to get hemophilia her mother would need to be carrier and her father would need to be a hemophiliac. To show how rare this would need to be the hematologist I see has been treating people with bleeding disorders for almost 25 years and he once told me that in that time he has treated a total of 3.A more common bleeding disorder for women would be something such as von Willebrand disease (VWD). In short it would be the same as a male having mild hemophilia. A blood clotting test would be the first thing that will be tested to see if you have any type of bleeding disorder.There are different levels to almost all bleeding disorders. Some are noticed right away. Others like mine for instance are not noticed until later on in life. Just depends on how server the lack of the missing factor is.See link below and feel free to contact me if you have any other questions