What is bullion
Bullion is smelted lead containing impurities, as gold, silver, or zinc, that are later removed. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-bullion ]
More Answers to “What is bullion“
- Bullion is precious metals that are in bulk. They are traded on commodity markets, they can be minted into coins or cast into ingots. The attribute to bullion is that it is valued by its purity and mass rather than the face value as money. …
- “Bullion” is any metal deemed to be precious if it is rare. Precious metals in bulk form are known as bullion, and are traded on commodity markets. The defining attribute of bullion is that it is valued by its mass and purity, rat…
- ･ Gold, silver and other metals such as platinum bullion may serve as investments. Gold generally increases… ･ In the investing market, the most popular type of gold bullion is 1-oz. gold rounds, sometimes called… ･ Bullion rounds can b…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can stick and broth or bullion be used interchangably in a recipe?
- Q: When a recipe calls for stock, can I use broth or bullion cubes. ??? If so what is the amount needed. I think bullion when is made is much saltier than broth.
- A: one cube equals one cup of liquid.Yes, they can be interchanged.
- What is a good alternative to vegetable bullion cubes?
- Q: I am making vegetable soup,and the recipe calls for bullion cubes.I am tryiing to cut down on sodium,and these are loaded with it.What can I use instead that will be as tasty?Thanks.
- A: Best would be homemade vegetable stock! Do you have some vegetables you could boil (and the time to boil them)? Celery, carrots and onions would be a good start. Boil for several hours, adding water as needed, then strain out the vegetables. You can use it as the primary liquid for your soup, or you can boil it until the volume is reduced by half, then freeze it in an ice cube tray. One cube is roughly the equivalent of one of those little bullion cubes.If you don’t have time to make it yourself, look at the store for a low-sodium vegetable broth. It will probably be in the same aisle with soups, right next to the chicken broth and beef broth.
- What paper work is involved when buying gold bullion?
- Q: does gold bullion have something similar to a car title which shows the owner etc.how do you know the gold you’re getting is authentic?I’m a total novice, so a detailed explanation is appreciated.
- A: A contract with whoever is selling you the gold. You will also more than likely receive a gold certificate verifying ownership.