What is retin a
Tretinoin (Retin-A) is a derivative of Vitamin A and is the treatment of choice for comedonal acne, or whiteheads and blackheads. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-retin-a ]
More Answers to “What is retin a“
- Retin A is the trademark for a compound containing retinoic acid and active ingredient tretinoin.These components are used for acne for over 30 years.
- Retin-A (tretinoin) is a topical (applied to the skin) form of vitamin A that helps the skin renew itself. The Retin-A and Avita brands of tretinoin are used to treat acne. The Renova brand of tretinoin is used to reduce the appearance of f…
- Retin-A® is a brand name for creams or gels that contain tretinoin topical, a derivative of vitamin A, as an active ingredient to treat acne. Tretinoin topical is available with a prescription under additional brand names such as Altinac, A…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the best way to get rid of the peeling while on Retin-A?
- Q: I just started Retin-A about two weeks ago and the peeling is just crazy! I put sunblock on but towards the middle of the day my face looks dry all over again. What should I do?
- A: try using cocoabutter…
- What is the best eye moisturizer to use while on Retin-A?
- Q: I use retin-A and i don’t get it anywhere NEAR my eyes, but my eyes seem to peel and peel and peel. It hurts and makes my makeup look yucky. Whats the best non-comdogenic, non oily moisturizer to use that won’t make me break out?
- A: visien
- What moisturizer do you recomend to sue with retin-a micro?
- Q: Im starting to peel and its hurts, so people suggested I use a moisterizer with it, which one is good with retin-a micro?
- A: I would try Neutrogena Oil free moisturizer. I use Proactiv and thats the one I use. They have it for oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, and one with SPF. Whatever you use, make sure its oil free, frangrance free, and doesnt contain other unecessary things in it. Aveeno also makes lotions that are ok too.