What is sea salt
Sea salt is harvested from seawater through evaporation. Table salt comes from rock salt, which is mined from mineral deposits. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-sea-salt ]
More Answers to “What is sea salt“
- Sea salt is produced by the evaporation of sea water in which it contains sodium chloride and trace elements such as sulfur, magnesium, zinc, potassium, calcium, and iron. Look here for more information: http://www.ask.com/web?q=dictionar…
- ･ In their book “Water and Salt: The Essence of Life,” authors Barbara Hendel and Peter Ferreira discuss… ･ Sea salt is produced when seawater evaporates, while table salt is usually mined. Sea salt tastes different… ･ A salt …
- n. Salt that is produced by the evaporation of sea water and that contains sodium chloride and trace elements such as sulfur, magnesium, zinc, potassium, calcium, and iron.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What kind of sea salt do you use when cleaning cartilage piercings?
- Q: I got my cartilage piercing a week ago. I have been cleaning it with ear disinfectant stuff i got from the jewelery store, but a lot of people say to use sea salt. I have sea salt in my kitchen that my dad uses for cooking, on the front it just says Sea Salt. Is that suitable for cleaning my ear? Or does it have to be a special kind. Btw the grains of salt are like, fat. Not fine like table salt lol.
- A: Just go to the grocery store. A good-sized container of non-iodized sea salt only costs less than $4. You only need 1/4 teaspoon of it [dissolved in 8 ounces of water] per use for your piercing.
- What is the difference between sea salt and rock salt? Is all sea salt aquarium salt also?
- Q: Please explain the relationships between them. I need to know where to buy these items. I have aquarium salt so if it is either rock salt or sea salt i figured i wouldn’t buy it so that’s why I I asked if aquarium salt is the same. Could i find it in a walmart or target?
- A: Aquarium salt is pure sodium chloride the same as pickling salt. Sea salt is just that…..from the sea and is full of trace elements. Rock salt can come from different sources but the best comes from ancient sea beds which has to be mined. EDIT: Sea salt is not high in iodine but does contain it. Iodine aids in the production of thyroxin which is a hormone which helps control metabolisim. Iodine prevents a thyroid condition called goiter.
- How does sea salt work, exactly, to do good for and help heal piercings?
- Q: What is it chemically about sea salt that makes sea-salt soaks so good for healing piercings? How does it work on a microscopic level (if it kills bacteria, for example, how does it do it)?
- A: Natural sea salt contains 81 minerals that are essential to the human body. When using it in a solution (1/4tsp sea salt to 1 cup of boiled or bottled water) it aids in promoting healing, relieving pain, and reducing swelling to a fresh piercing.It’s not that it kills bacteria, but it helps to stimulate your body to fight off the bacteria and to heal itself faster.