What is the charge of zinc
The typical zinc ion always has a +2 charge. Zinc is a lustrous bluish-white metal. It is found in Group 12 of the periodic table [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-charge-of-zinc ]
More Answers to “What is the charge of zinc“
- Zinc is a metal with a charge of 2+. Aluminium has a charge of 3+, Zinc charge 2+, Silver charge 1+. ChaCha again!
- The typical zinc ion always has a +2 charge. Zinc is a lustrous bluish-white metal. It is found in Group 12 of the periodic table
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to find out the charge of each element around in the transition metals on periodic table?
- Q: All i know was the basics of plus 1 for the first column and plus 2 for the second colum but after that i dont know any transition metal charges like zinc but i kno 3A is plus 3 but coulum 4a and 5a how do we find out what charge it is? for chemistry in highschool
- A: Trans. elements can have multiple charges, some of them are common, some aren’t. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transition_metal if you don’t understand what the article is talking about, then chances are that all you need to know is that transition metals have multiple charges.
- What is the empirical formula of zinc chloride?
- Q: How are the rules for ionic nomenclature and the ionic charges of zinc and chloride ions used to find it out?
- A: There is no empirical formula for zinc chloride – only the molecular formula:ZnCl2 – zinc chloride
- Copernicus” is a dead scientist. What would you name this newly discovered element _+)?
- Q: The newest – and heaviest – element on the periodic table could get tagged with the name “copernicium” in honor of the late astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus. Thirteen years ago, GSI scientists discovered element 112 or “Cp” after bombarding zinc ions (charged zinc atoms) onto a lead target in the facility’s particle accelerator.There already a einsteinium. But you missed the point. He’s dead, too?
- A: Metallica….lol