What is the disorder where your blood doesn’t clot properly
A:Hemophilia (heem-o-FILL-ee-ah) is a rare, inherited bleeding disorder in which your blood doesn’t clot normally. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-disorder-where-your-blood-doesn%27t-clot-properly ]
More Answers to “What is the disorder where your blood doesn’t clot properly“
- What is the disorder where your blood doesn’t clot properly?
- Hemophilia (heem-o-FILL-ee-ah) is a rare, inherited bleeding disorder in which your blood doesn’t clot normally.
- Why do patients with liver diseases commonly develop blood clotti…?
- Liver disorders can sometimes cause bleeding problems as your liver makes most of the clotting factors.
- What Causes Blood Clotting Disorders?
- A blood clotting disorder is a result of the body making either too many blood clotting factors or too few anti-clotting factors that limit clot formation. Excessive blood clotting may be caused by genetic disorders which are inherited from…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What underlying autoimmune conditions do you think I have? Physicians/Nurses/MD’s, I’m desperate for help?
- Q: Hi may name is Jeb, I’m 22 and live in Ontario, Canada, I’m presenting my case to all of you in the hope you can name some disorders, syndromes, diseases, that go along with my medical history and issues. Please read what I wrote carefully and help me find out whats wrong with me. I have been going to doctors for 6 years trying to find out what is truly wrong. and lately everything is getting worse. My health is declining and I want to get better and live a normal life, have kits, a wife, work.. I am so ashamed I can’t even work. I have a very rare bleeding disorder called ITP, my disease is chronic and refractory. So, all of the treatments have failed. I have been on Testosterone, Danocrine (which is a modified testosterone), Dexamethasone (a very potent glucocorticoid type of steroid) Prednisone (glucocorticoid steroid), Methylprednisone, which is also a glucocorticoid steroid.I have tried IVig which is immunoglobulin. It’s a blood product, 1 bottle contains donations from thousands of people. So i’ve had the immunoglobulin of more than 5000 people put in me multiple times.I ended up having a reaction to it and developed “Aseptic Meningitis” which was extremely painful, as well as rigors, which basically means I was shaking badly. The headache was like nothing you could imagine. I became desperate after years of having a pretty stable platelet count of 20. If you have less than a 20 platelet count you are supposed to be hospitalized although here in Canada this won’t happen because of lack of beds and overcrowded hospitals.So, if you have less than 20 a bump to the head could kill you. A punch to the stomach would cause internal bleeding. A punch in the face could and likely would kill you. I bruise extremely easy.A normal human being has a count of 140 to 400. So at 20 even I am very likely to be injured severely. I have had multiple bleeds, mostly internally but farely superficial and not involving organs with exception of my lungs.I cough up blood regularly and it scares me very much. Having a low platelet count like this really was hard to deal with so I joined a clinical trial. The drug I was on in the trial ended up giving me a pulmonary embolism, actually more than 1…..3 in both lungs.I was in the hospital for a month. My lungs are left scarred and unable to expand properly because of the scarring. I get about 60-70% expansion of my chest. I noticed immediately after the blood clots I could no longer inhale like I used to. It has become very stressful fighting for every breath. It’s almost like breathing through a straw. I also have bad asthma which doesnt help. I’ve had over 20 CT scans in the past 2.5 years looking for clots because every month I have problems where my lungs hurt more and feel like a clot, and I start coughing up large amounts of blood, not just bloody sputum, the blood is coming out of my lungs into my throat when I cough to expel it.The radiologist from my last scan said I had scarring of my lungs and pleural cavity. He said it looked like I have severe lung disease and it’s very serious.So I have been pumped full of xrays from the CT scan, and also filled with Contrast Dye so they can see the veins and arteries better when they use the diagnostic imaging (CT SCAN). It’s very hard on my kidneys. And they are worn out, I have problems with them now. I’ve also got more than 50 xrays.My left arm is not fully useable, I broke the end of the shoulder bone. The round ball like part of the bone that fits into the socket. I could not get surgery to correct it because of my blood disorder. The surgeon would not do even though the bone didn’t set properly and is more than 1 cm out of place. Doesn’t sound like much but the area that broke/fractured is the area all your muscle, ligaments and tendons rest on and over, so now my arm is very stiff and painful. Writing with a pencil hurts very much. Lifting things hurts.My doctor wants me to get my spleen taken out but I’m worried it could go wrong because I have no platelets. I will be transfused as they do the surgery but I still worry very much. My doctor is amazing but she is not a surgeon. How can I trust someone I don’t really know to cut me up. How can I find out how many patients have died in his care during surgery. I would love to know the information because I could choose the doctor who was better a keeping people alive and not killing them accidentally during surgery. I’m afraid.I have also had new symptoms in the past few months, frequent urination, extreme urge to urinate.Loss of bladder function, I wet my bed 3 times in the last 2 months. I’m 24, and never have wet the bed before except as a very young child maybe 4-5 y/o.I have a patch on my back which is numb and has no feeling and this is a new manifestation of whatever is going on.I have been havinI’ve been having Vertigo, exactly 5 times this month, where I have days where I become dizzy and nauseas and when I tilt my head my eyes start rollin and moving in strange directions very quickly, and I get the urge to vomit. It’s when I tilt my head I get the problem with my eyes going whacky totally out of my control.It’s very very debilitating. I have to lay down. Walking is almost impossible and I become so unstable I have almost fallen down the stairs.Thanks for helping me I appreciate it very much…….Even if you just have ideas of what could be wrong with me it is good, I need ideas because i don’t know what could be wrong.I’ve been having Vertigo, exactly 5 times this month, where I have days where I become dizzy and nauseas and when I tilt my head my eyes start rollin and moving in strange directions very quickly, and I get the urge to vomit. It’s when I tilt my head I get the problem with my eyes going whacky totally out of my control.It’s very very debilitating. I have to lay down. Walking is almost impossible and I become so unstable I have almost fallen down the stairs.Thanks for helping me I appreciate it very much…….Even if you just have ideas of what could be wrong with me it is good, I need ideas because i don’t know what could be wrong.
- A: ….and you figure a bunch of strangers can diagnose you over the computer? you need to pursue this with a medical professional.