What is the name of the compound zn3(PO4)2
Zn3(PO4)2 is the chemical formula for the compound known as Zinc Phosphate. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-name-of-the-compound-zn3%28po4%292 ]
More Answers to “What is the name of the compound zn3(PO4)2“
- What Is The Name Of The Compound Zn3(PO4)2?
- Zinc phosphate
- How Many Ions Are Present In The Compound Ca3(PO4)2??
- There are three Ca +2 ions and two PO4 -3 ions.
- What is the compound name for Ca3(PO4)2?
- Calcium Phosphate. Ca is obviuosly Calcium and PO4 is phosphate. The subscripts don’t have any effect on the name since it’s an ionic compound.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- chemistry I review 116 questions due nxt week?
- Q: Download the original attachmentMYP-Chm Comprehensive Final Rvw #2 Multiple ChoiceIdentify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question. ____ 1. How many atoms of fluorine are present in a molecule of carbon tetrafluoride, CF4?a. 1 c. 4 b. 2 d. 5 ____ 2. The formula for carbon dioxide, CO2, can representa. one molecule of carbon dioxide. b. 1 mol of carbon dioxide molecules. c. the combination of 1 atom of carbon and 2 atoms of oxygen. d. all of the above. ____ 3. Name the compound CF4.a. calcium fluoride c. carbon tetrafluoride b. carbon fluoride d. monocalcium quadrafluoride ____ 4. Name the compound SiO2.a. silver oxide c. silicon dioxide b. silicon oxide d. monosilver dioxide ____ 5. What is the formula for dinitrogen trioxide?a. Ni2O3 c. N2O6 b. NO3 d. N2O3 ____ 6. What is the formula for hydrochloric acid?a. HF c. HClO b. HCl d. H2CO3 ____ 7. The oxidation number of fluorine isa. always 0. b. –1 in all compounds. c. +1 in all compounds. d. equal to the negative charge of all the metal ions in a compound. ____ 8. What is the oxidation number of oxygen in most compounds?a. –8 c. 0 b. –2 d. +1 ____ 9. What is the oxidation number of a pure element?a. –1 c. +1 b. 0 d. 8 ____ 10. In a compound, the algebraic sum of the oxidation numbers of all atoms equalsa. 0. c. 8. b. 1. d. the charge on the compound. ____ 11. What is the oxidation number of hydrogen in compounds containing metals?a. –1 c. +1 b. 0 d. the charge on the metal ion ____ 12. In a polyatomic ion, the algebraic sum of the oxidation numbers of all atoms is equal toa. 0. c. 10. b. the number of atoms in the ion. d. the charge of the ion. ____ 13. The molar mass of MgI2 isa. the sum of the masses of 1 mol of Mg and 2 mol of I. b. the sum of the masses of 1 mol of Mg and 1 mol of I. c. the sum of the masses of 1 atom of Mg and 2 atoms of I. d. the sum of the masses of 1 atom of Mg and 1 atom of I. ____ 14. The percentage composition of sulfur in SO2 is about 50%. What is the percentage of oxygen in this compound?a. 25% c. 75% b. 50% d. 90% ____ 15. To find the molecular formula from the empirical formula, one must determine the compound’sa. density. c. structural formula. b. formula mass. d. crystal lattice. ____ 16. A molecular compound has the empirical formula XY3. Which of the following is a possible molecular formula?a. X2Y3 c. X2Y5 b. XY4 d. X2Y6 ____ 17. What is the molecular formula of a compound that has a formula mass of 50.48 amu and an empirical formula of CH3Cl?a. CHCl c. CH3Cl b. CH2Cl d. CH2Cl2 ____ 18. What is the formula for zinc fluoride?a. ZnF c. Zn2F b. ZnF2 d. Zn2F3 ____ 19. What is the formula for the compound formed by lead(II) ions and chromate ions?a. PbCrO4 c. Pb2(CrO4)3 b. Pb2CrO4 d. Pb(CrO4)2 ____ 20. What is the formula for aluminum sulfate?a. AlSO4 c. Al2(SO4)3 b. Al2SO4 d. Al(SO4)3 ____ 21. Name the compound Ni(ClO3)2.a. nickel(II) chlorate c. nickel(II) chlorite b. nickel(II) chloride d. nickel(II) peroxide ____ 22. Name the compound Zn3(PO4)2.a. zinc potassium oxide c. zinc phosphate b. trizinc polyoxide d. zinc phosphite ____ 23. Name the compound KClO3.a. potassium chloride c. potassium chlorate b. potassium trioxychlorite d. hypochlorite ____ 24. Name the compound Fe(NO3)2.a. iron(II) nitrate c. iron(III) nitrate b. iron(II) nitrite d. iron(III) nitride ____ 25. Name the compound Al2S3.a. aluminum sulfate c. aluminum(II) sulfate b. aluminum sulfur d. aluminum sulfide ____ 26. What is the oxidation number of oxygen in H2O2?a. –2 c. +2 b. –1 d. –4 ____ 27. What is the oxidation number of hydrogen in KH?a. –1 c. +1 b. 0 d. +2 ____ 28. What is the oxidation number of hydrogen in H2O?a. 0 c. +2 b. +1 d. +3 ____ 29. What is the oxidation number of sulfur in H2SO4?a. –2 c. +4 b. 0 d. +6 ____ 30. What is the oxidation number of oxygen in CO2?a. –4 c. 0 b. –2 d. +4 ____ 31. Name the compound N2O2 using the Stock system.a. dinitrogen monoxide c. nitrogen(II) oxide b. nitrogen dioxide d. nitrogen oxide(II) ____ 32. Name the compound CCl4 using the Stock system.a. carbon(IV) chloride c. carbon chloride b. carbon tetrachloride d. carbon hypochlorite ____ 33. Name the compound H2O using the Stock system.a. water c. hydrogen(I) oxide b. hydrogen dioxide d. hydrogen(II) oxide ____ 34. Name the compound PBr5 using the Stock system.a. potassium hexabromide c. phosphorus(V) brom
- A: Check your textbook or ask someone, Nobody will answer 34 questions for you, not since they’re nearly all the same
- help!! 10 points best anwer?
- Q: 1) the chemical formula for an ionic compound represents the (number of atoms in each molecule, or number of ions in each molecule ,or simplest ratio of ions that results in an electrically neutral compound, or total number of ions in the crystal lattice.)2) name the compound Zn3(PO4)23) name the compound Hg2(NO3)24) if two convalently bonded atoms more faster than a distance of the bond length, the potential energy of the atoms (becomes negative, decreases, increases, or remains constant)5) a nonpolar covalent bond is most likely to form between two elements that have a difference in electronegativity values of (0.1, 1.5,3.0, or both a and b)6) correct lewis structure for a group 18 atom has what?thanks
- A: 1. simplest ratio of ions that results in an electrically neutral compound2. zinc phosphate3. mercury (I) nitrate4. decreases (?)5. 06 8 electrons (to draw it, draw 8 dots around it):)
- Some Chemistry Questions? :)?
- Q: 1.Which compound is ionic?A.Nickel (III) chlorideB.Diphosphorous pentoxideC.Xenon hexafluorideD.Disulfur heptafluoride2.Which compound is covalent?A.Mercury (I) nitrateB.Copper (II) sulfateC.Silver chromateD.Carbon monoxide3.Which formula is covalent?A.Zn3(PO4)2B.KClO3C.P2Se5D.Ba(OH)24.Which formula is ionic?A.PdOB.MgOC.Cl2D.SF65.The bond formed when strontium combines with selenium isA.ionic.B.polyatomic.C.metallic.D.covalent.6.One acid you are likely to encounter is H2SO4. What is its name?A.Sulfurous acidB.Sulfur acidC.Sulfuric acidD.Sulfurite acid7.HNO2 is involved in the ozone of the lower atmosphere. What is its name?A.Nitrous acidB.Nitric acidC.Nitrogen acidD.Nitrate acid8.HC2H3O2 is a weak acid found in vinegar. What is its name?A.Acetate acidB.Acetic acidC.Acetite acidD.Acetous acid9.HCl is a corrosive acid found in stomach juices and has many industrial applications. What is its name?A.Hydrochloric acidB.Hydrochlorous acidC.Hydrochlorite acidD.Hydrochlorate acid10.HF is known for its ability to dissolve glass by reacting with SiO2. What is its name?A.Hydrofluoric acidB.Hydrofluorite acidC.Hydrofluorate acidD.Hydrofluorous acid
- A: 1. Which compound is ionic?A. Nickel (III) chloride2. Which compound is covalent?D. Carbon monoxide3. Which formula is covalent?C. P2Se54. Which formula is ionic?B. MgO5. The bond formed when strontium combines with selenium isA. ionic.6. One acid you are likely to encounter is H2SO4. What is its name?C. Sulfuric acid7. HNO2 is involved in the ozone of the lower atmosphere. What is its name?A. Nitrous acid8. HC2H3O2 is a weak acid found in vinegar. What is its name?B. Acetic acid9. HCl is a corrosive acid found in stomach juices and has many industrial applications. What is its name?A. Hydrochloric acid10. HF is known for its ability to dissolve glass by reacting with SiO2. What is its name?A. Hydrofluoric acidHope this helped,Bill