What is U.S. money made out of
Coins are made of copper and another element (zinc or nickel) Currency paper is composed of 25 percent linen and 75 percent cotton [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-u.s.-money-made-out-of ]
More Answers to “What is U.S. money made out of“
- Where is US money made?
- Paper money is made by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. There are 2 facilities: Washington DC, and Fort Worth. Fort Worth bills have a small “FW” near one of the plate numbers. Coins are made at 4 mints:･ Philadelphia: Circul…
- How does the US make money?
- From what I hear, the US makes money by living off the profits it made with slavery (on the land it stole from Indians)….by using the knowledge it stole from various tribes around the world (like physics, shipbuilding, mathematics, space …
- What is US paper money made of
- The US money is made from 75% virgin cotton 25% linen blend of paper, and industrial oil based ink is used to coloring the paper.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is U.S. money made out of?
- Q: My 7th grade science teacher brought up the fact that money is not made out of paper like I thought it was. Its so obvious how its not made out of paper, because if it was made of paper it would not make it through the wash a million times, so I don’t know why I thought it was made of paper. Anyways I was just wondering what it is actually made of.
- A: It’s made out of a patented cloth (a type of cotton linen).
- The U.S Gov just made 143 new millionaires today…AIG employees Should we get are money back?
- Q: What would you do in this situation ?should we allow them the bonus check…or tax the snot out of them?
- A: Good job you liberal suckwads. First you schmooze over your inported socialist President. Then you cry when the country gets ripped off by your hero and his ilk. Oblama is in on it just as much as AIG. Why don’t you get your queen Pelosi to wave her majic wand? Maybe that will make the money come back, hehe 😉
- what is money made out of? cotton or paper?
- Q: U.S. Currency bills
- A: According to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, US paper currency is made up of 75% cotton and 25% linen. That is, there are three-fourths of a pound of cotton in each pound of dollar bills. This same source also informs us that there are 490 bills in a pound of currency.