The Antichrist’s reign and the final cataclysmic earthquakes and radical changes in the solar system are only part of the Tribulation that befalls mankind during the Earth’s final years. God unleashes a series of judgments and plagues recorded in the book of the Revelation.
• Nation rises against nation in war- (Matthew 24:7). Also referred to in battle of Armageddon and Antichrist’s conquests.
• An army of 200 million men (possibly China) slays a third of the earth’s population (Revelation 9:13-21).
• A great volcanic eruption destroys a third of all sea life.
• Hail and fire mingled with blood burns a third of all trees and grass (Revelation.8:7).
• A great star falls from heaven, poisoning a third of the earth’s waters (Revelation 8:10-11).
• Day and night reverse (Revelation 8:12).
• A five-month plague of locusts stinging like scorpions leave men in agonizing pain (Revelation 13:21).
• Large hailstones rain down on the earth (Revelation 16:21).
• Rivers, seas, and lakes become as blood, and all sea and aquatic life disappear (Revelation 16:3-4).
• The sun becomes extremely hot, and scorches men with great fear and fire (Revelation 16:18).
• Darkness fills the seat of the kingdom of the Beast, and grievous sores torment the individuals who bear the Mark of the Beast (Revelation 16:2,10).
• The river Euphrates dries up, making way for the kings of the East (Revelation 16:12).
After all of these events occur, the world’s armies surround Jerusalem for the battle of Armageddon. Christ returns in the clouds with His legions of angels. The Antichrist and the world’s armies attempt to make war against him. Christ casts the Beast and the False Prophet into the lake of fire, and slays the remainder of his forces by the sword of His word (Revelation 19:19-21). The earth returns to its pre-flood state, and God judges the nations (Matthew 25). Christ himself rules the earth for a thousand years, and binds Satan. At the millennium’s end, God looses Satan, and he causes men to rebel against God. They surround the holy city, and God sends fire from heaven to devour them. God casts Satan into the lake of fire for eternity. At this time the judgment seat of God takes place. Those whose names are not in the book of life, God casts into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15).
God creates a new heaven and earth. The New Jerusalem descends from heaven, with streets of gold and walls of precious stones. The glory of God and the light of Christ illuminate the new heaven, and those who placed their faith in Jesus Christ live on for eternity (Revelation 21).
For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.(John 3:16)
For more from Erika Grey on Bible Prophecy, and the Revelation see: