If you’re a Paranormal Romance fan then you’ve heard of authors like Sherrilyn Kenyon, JR Ward, and Lynsay Sands… all of whom are Fabulous! But even if you haven’t heard of these spectacular authors, and you’re new to the Paranormal Romance fad, then that’s okay; this list is for newbies and those of us who have been fans for years.
I’ve created this list of hidden gems, diamonds in the rough, if you will. This list of Paranormal Romance series and authors are amazing, but they just don’t get the buzz that others get. Unlike other lists you may see out there, I have read all of these series personally… over and over again. Yeah, they’re that good.
1. Meljean Brook’s The Guardian Series: This series features demons and Guardians, human’s who sacrificed their lives for another and were given speed, strength, immortality and a Gift to fight demons and Nosferatu. This seven book series is one of the best I’ve ever read; Meljean’s first book Demon Angel holds reader’s captive with Lilith and Hugh’s story. Lilith, a demon-halfling forced into Lucifer’s service takes part in Hugh’s death, turning him from a medieval knight into a Guardian. We follow Lilith and Hugh through eight-hundred years of constant fighting and unbearable temptation. Most of Hugh and Lilith’s story takes place in modern times, as do the rest of Meljean’s novels. With the appearance’s of Guardian’s, demon’s, Nosferatu, vampire’s, and even Lucifer himself, this series takes the fight between good and evil to soaring and sensual heights.
Reading List for The Guardian Series-
2. Cheyenne McCray’s Magic Series: Cheyenne McCray can create magic on the page like no other; This series features sexy witches and even sexier D’Danann warriors, Fae bad boy’s who come from Otherworld to protect the witches and the rest of our world from the Fomorii demons. This series is slightly different from most, because we not only get to see the hero and heroine’s point of view but the villains, Darkwolf, a powerful warlock who called forth the Fomorii demons from Underworld, and Junga, the twisted Fomorii queen with a voracious appetite. This magical series will spellfire right into your personal favorite’s.
Reading List for Cheyenne McCray’s Magic Series-
Seduced by Magic
3. & 4. Jacquelyn Frank’s Shadowdweller and Nightwalker Series’: For this author, I have chosen two series, because I just couldn’t choose between them. In the Nighwalker series, the Nightwalker’s are just that- they thrive in the night. And when the moon is at it’s peak, they are unable to control their desire’s; and if they seek human comfort to slake their desire’s, they are punished by the Enforcer. But what happens when the Enforcer himself becomes tempted by a human? This series is provocative and definitely something new, a definite ‘must read.’ The Shadowdweller series, a spin-off of the Nightwalker series, was definitely a guilty pleasure of mine; three books was certainly not enough. Frank’s Shadowscape will leave you breathless and pining for more.
Reading List for Nightwalker Series-
5. Lynn Viehl’s Darkyn Series: The Novels of the Darkyn took the vampire genre by storm, with the Kyn stealing the hearts of all of Viehl’s reader’s. This series has been at the top of my favorite list for years; Viehl has brought together many different genres, like highlander’s, medieval warriors, and even Robin Hood and rolled them all up into one delicious series.
Reading List for Lynn Viehl’s Darkyn Series-
If Angels Burn
Stay the Night
6. Kresley Cole’s The Immortal’s After Dark Series: With mythical creatures from the Fey to the Valkyrie to Demons and the Lykae, Cole takes us on a journey into The Lore. As the mythical creatures from The Lore fight amongst themselves, some find that they are stronger together rather than apart. With exciting love story and after love story, Cole delivers with this series.
Reading List for The Immortal’s After Dark Series-
Playing Easy to Get
A Hunger Like No Other
No Rest for the Wicked
Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night
Dark Desires After Dusk
Kiss of a Demon King
Deep Kiss of Winter
Pleasure of a Dark Prince
Demon from the Dark
Dreams of a Dark Warrior
7. Alexandra Ivy’s Guardian’s of Eternity Series: Ivy’s series is unlike any other vampire and werewolf series out there. Her heroine’s are strong females while the hero’s are always the most delicious bad boy’s. The action will keep you at the edge of your seat, while the passion will keep you wiggling in it.
Reading List for Guardian’s of Eternity Series-
When Darkness Comes
Embrace the Darkness
Beyond the Darkness
Devoured by Darkness
Bound by Darkness
8. Angela Knight’s Mageverse Series: Now, this is a series that will sit in my library forever! In this series, vampires and witches, or Magi and Majae, live in Avalon in the Mageverse with many other magical creatures. The Maji are always men while the Majae are always women, and their symbiotic relationship makes for a great read; the story of King Arthur comes alive in this magical series, leaving reader’s very satisfied.
Reading List for The Mageverse Series-
Master of the Night
Master of the Moon
Master of Wolves
Master of Dragons
Master of Swords
Master of Fire
Master of Smoke
Master of Shadows
9. Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed Series: Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series is a very, very popular series, but I had to include it in this article. Her bad boy vampire warriors are sexy and intriguing in the most dangerous of ways. As they fight to save the world and their race of people, you’ll fall in love with them… right along with the heroine’s.
Reading List for Midnight Breed Series-
Kiss of Midnight
Kiss of Crimson
Veil of Midnight
Ashes of Midnight
Shades of Midnight
Taken By Midnight
Deeper Than Midnight
10. Shannon K Butcher’s The Sentinel War Series: A raging war between the Sentinel’s, three separate races bound to protect humanity, wages against the Synestryn, demons hell-bent on destroying everything the Sentinel’s are sworn to protect. Each of Butcher’s books take us deeper and deeper into the war as the Sentinel’s do their best hold back the Synestryn forces, while protecting and ultimately falling in love with their destined mates.
Reading List for The Sentinel War Series-
Finding the Lost