Week 5 WR Rankings – Start & Sit Advice. Week 5 WR Rankings are based on weekly matchups and the highest projected potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football WR in Week 5. Use these Week 5 WR Rankings to help you decide which WR to start and which WR to sit on your fantasy football team this week. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comment box below or join our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Football-Start-Sit-Lineup-Advice/262183993792691 and get live replies and answers to your questions there.
– Hawk Michaels @ Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog – www.hawkfantasysports.wordpress.com
Week 5 — QB Rankings — RB Rankings — WR Rankings — TE Rankings — Defense Rankings — Waiver Wire Pickups — NFL Picks & Predictions
1. Roddy White – Atl = @Was
2. Julio Jones – Atl = @Was — injury ?
3. Larry Fitzgerald – Ari = @StL
4. AJ Green – Cin = Mia
5. Victor Cruz – NYG = Cle
6. Andre Johnson – Hou = @NYJ
7. Jordy Nelson – GB = @Ind
8. Brandon Marshall – Chi = @Jac
9. Demaryius Thomas – Den = @NE
10. Torrey Smith – Bal = @KC
11. Mike Wallace – Pit = Phi
12. Percy Harvin – Min = Ten
13. Marques Colston – NO = SD
14. Eric Decker – Den = @NE
15. Wes Welker – NE = Den
16. DeSean Jackson – Phi = @Pit
17. Brandon Lloyd – NE = Den
18. Pierre Garcon – Was = Atl — injury ?
19. Reggie Wayne – Ind = GB
20. Antonio Brown – Pit = Phi
21. Steve Smith – Car = Sea
22. Randall Cobb – GB = @Ind
23. Anquan Boldin – Bal = @KC
24. Malcom Floyd – SD = @NO
25. James Jones – GB = @Ind
26. Jeremy Maclin – Phi = @Pit — injury ?
27. Lance Moore – NO = SD
28. Michael Crabtree – SF = Buf
29. Danny Amendola – StL = Ari
30. Dwayne Bowe – KC = Bal
31. Stevie Johnson – Buf = @SF
32. Greg Jennings – GB = @Ind — injury ?
33. Kenny Britt – Ten = @Min — injury ?
34. Hakeem Nicks – NYG = Cle — injury ?
35. Andre Roberts – Ari = @StL
36. Robert Meachem – SD = @NO
37. Brandon LaFell – Car = Sea
38. Sidney Rice – Sea = @Car
39. Brian Hartline – Mia = @Cin
40. Donnie Avery – Ind = GB
41. Nate Washington – Ten = @Min
42. Greg Little – Cle = @NYG
43. Kendall Wright – Ten = @Min
44. Justin Blackmon – Jac = Chi
45. Santana Moss – Was = Atl
46. Randy Moss – SF = Buf
47. Ramses Barden – NYG = Cle
48. Laurent Robinson – Jac = Chi
49. Armon Binns – Cin = Mia
50. Mario Manningham – SF = Buf
51. Andrew Hawkins – Cin = Mia
52. Alshon Jeffery – Chi = @Jac
53. Leonard Hankerson – Was = Atl
54. Braylon Edwards – Sea = @Car
55. Harry Douglas – Atl = @Was
56. Devery Henderson – NO = SD
57. Donald Driver – GB = @Ind
58. Jeremy Kerley – NYJ = Hou
59. Davone Bess – Mia = @Cin
60. Damian Williams – Ten = @Min
61. Steve Breaston – KC = Bal
62. TJ Graham – Buf = @SF
63. Jon Baldwin – KC = Bal
64. Damaris Johnson – Phi = @Pit
65. Stephen Hill – NYJ = Hou — injury ?
66. Santonio Holmes – NYJ = Hou — injury ?
67. Doug Baldwin – Sea = @Car — injury ?
68. Emmanuel Sanders – Pit = Phi
69. TY Hilton – Ind = GB
70. Eddie Royal – SD = @NO
71. Jerome Simpson – Min = Ten
72. Mohamed Massaquoi – Cle = @NYG
73. Early Doucet – Ari = @StL
74. Earl Bennett – Chi = @Jac
75. Austin Pettis – StL = Ari
76. Rueben Randle – NYG = Cle
77. Austin Collie – Ind = GB — injury ?
78. Josh Gordon – Cle = @NYG
79. Deion Branch – NE = Den
80. Jacoby Jones – Bal = @KC
81. Devin Hester – Chi = @Jac
82. Steve Smith – StL = Ari
83. Lester Jean – Hou = @NYJ
84. Brandon Gibson – StL = Ari
85. Mike Thomas – Jac = Chi
86. Michael Floyd – Ari = @StL
87. Michael Jenkins – Min = Ten
88. Josh Cribbs – Cle = @NYG
89. Brian Quick – StL = Ari
90. Keshawn Martin – Hou = @NYJ
91. Golden Tate – Sea = @Car
92. Ted Ginn Jr – SF = Buf
93. Dwayne Harris – Dal =
94. Jerrel Jernigan – NYG = Cle
95. Trindon Holliday – Hou = @NYJ
96. DeVier Posey – Hou = @NYJ
Calvin Johnson – Det =
Miles Austin – Dal =
Vincent Jackson – TB =
Dez Bryant – Dal =
Mike Williams – TB =
Denairus Moore – Oak =
Darrius Heyward-Bey – Oak =
Titus Young – Det =
Nate Burleson – Det =
Rod Streater – Oak =
Ryan Broyles – Det =
Jacoby Ford – Oak =
Arrelious Benn – TB =
Jordan Shipley – TB =
Johnny Knox – Chi = PUP LIST
Vincent Brown – SD = — IR
David Nelson – Buf = — IR
Nick Toon – NO = — IR
Lee Evans – FA =
Terrell Owens – FA =
1. Calvin Johnson – Det = Chi —– Clearly the #1 fantasy football WR in the NFL right now. After a 2 touchdown performance in last weeks game, Johnson should continue to rack up the receiving yards and touchdowns as long as Matthew Stafford can stay healthy.
2. Greg Jennings – GB = @Atl —– In what I fully expect to be a high scoring game between two excellent offenses, Jennings should continue to lead the passing attack for the Packers again this week. 100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is easily within range for Jennings in this game.
3. Larry Fitzgerald – Ari = @Min —– The Minnesota Vikings are a team without a purpose right now, and after they allowed Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe to hook up for 5 receptions, 107 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, there should be no reason that the Kevin Kolb to Larry Fitzgerald connection will not tally similar stats this week.
4. Hakeem Nicks – NYG = Sea —– A fully healthy Nicks emerged in last weeks game as he racked up 10 receptions, 162 receiving yards and 1 touchdown. A matchup against a so-so Seattle defense could have Nicks tallying stats in the 80-125 receiving yard and 1 touchdown range this week.
5. Andre Johnson – Hou = Oak — injured will not play —– Luckily for the Texans and fantasy teams, it looks like Johnson will only miss a couple of weeks instead of the season as initially feared after his non-contact injury in last weeks game. However on the downside, Johnson is clearly out for this weeks game.
6. Mike Wallace – Pit = Ten —– The Steelers offense is clearly sputtering, but Wallace clearly the most consistent and reliable stat producer that the Steelers have to offer fantasy football teams. Anything between 75-125 receiving yards seems like a safe bet, with a touchdown always possible. Now all we have to do is hope that Ben Roethlisberger’s injury doesn’t force him to miss this weeks game.
7. DeSean Jackson – Phi = @Buf —– The classic boom bust line that has become expected from Jackson this season finally resulted in a boom last week as he notched a season high 6 receptions for 171 receiving yards. A matchup against a Buffalo pass defense that really is not that good, could easily lead to another boom game from Jackson again this week.
8. Roddy White – Atl = GB —– Expect a high scoring game, with Roddy White and Julio Jones both likely notching 100 receiving yard games.
9. Vincent Jackson – SD = @Den — injury ? —– As is the life of a Vincent Jackson fantasy owner, he is once again dealing with an injury entering this weeks game. If Champ Bailey is once again out for the Broncos defense, and Jackson is ready to go by kickoff, a solid game should be expected from VJax again this week.
10. Wes Welker – NE = NYJ —– Clearly Tom Brady’s #1, #2, #3 option in the passing game right now. Sure, Gronkowski is there too, but Welker is probably the safest and most reliable WR in fantasy football right now.
11. Steve Smith – Car = NO — The revival of Steve Smith continues, and with the Saints likely scoring a bunch of points in this game, I would expect the Panthers and Cam Newton to once again be playing catchup and airing the ball out quite a bit to his favorite target.
12. Brandon Lloyd – Den = SD — After last weeks 100 yard outburst, I expect the Broncos to once again be looking to pass the ball quite a bit against the Chargers…especially if they fall behind on the scoreboard. It also helps that Lloyd finally looks to be 100% healthy. This could be the last buy low week on Lloyd if you wanted to try trading for him.
13. Jeremy Maclin – Phi = @Buf — The Buffalo defense has been getting props so far this season, but they just are not that good against the pass. Maclin has pretty good upside to put up some yards in this game.
14. Jordy Nelson – GB = @Atl — This game could easily be a shootout on the scoreboard, and Nelson will be the guy getting the single coverage on every down. Look for him to take advantage, with the red hot Aaron Rodgers looking his way probably close to a dozen times in this game.
15. Julio Jones – Atl = GB — With the way that the Packers offense has been putting up points, it is nearly a guarantee that the Falcons will probably have between 40-50 pass plays in this game. Jones could be targeted at least a dozen times this week. Huge upside!
16. Dwayne Bowe – KC = @Ind — The Colts defense is essentially awful, and the size and playmaking ability of Bowe could loom large in this game.
17. AJ Green – Cin = @Jac — Clearly establishing a connection with fellow rookie Andy Dalton, Green makes for a solid WR2 play this week in nearly all fantasy football leagues.
18. Santonio Holmes – NYJ = @NE — With the way that the Patriots pass defense has been picked on so far this season, Holmes offers a nice upside this week.
19. Reggie Wayne – Ind = KC — The matchup against a weak Chiefs defense is what propels Wayne’s ranking this week. Otherwise he really is nothing more than a low WR2 or more likely WR3 play right now.
20. Percy Harvin – Min = Ari — Hard to rely on Donovan McNabb’s passing ability, but Harvin is clearly the #1 receiving target in the Vikings offense. A matchup against the Cardinals pass defense could lead to 100 yards for Harvin this week.
21. Stevie Johnson – Buf = Phi — On paper, this is a tough matchup against the Eagles defense, but then again the Eagles defensive backs really have not shown up yet this season….
22. Lance Moore – NO = @Car — 69% —– Even with Marques Colston back in the lineup, Moore will still see plenty of throws his way while finding holes in the defenses coverage. Think Wes Welker type of production in terms of catches, yards and unfortunately lack of touchdowns. But with Drew Brees as your QB in a big time passing offense, there is no reason why Lance Moore cannot be a solid WR3 play for the rest of the season in all fantasy football lineups.
23. Mike Williams – TB = @SF
24. Sidney Rice – Sea = @NYG
25. Marques Colston – NO = @Car — injury ?
26. Plaxico Burress – NYJ = @NE
27. Devery Henderson – NO = @Car
28. Dexter McCluster – KC = @Ind —– After the Chiefs pulled off a solid win against the Minnesota Vikings last week, maybe there is still a slight beacon of hope showing in Kansas City after all. I have to believe that one of these weeks the Dexter McCluster show will be put out on center stage. This weeks matchup against a bad Colts team could be it….
29. Mario Manningham – NYG = Sea — injury ?
30. David Nelson – Buf = Phi
31. Pierre Garcon – Ind = KC
32. Nate Burleson – Det = Chi —– Playing second fiddle to Calvin Johnson, Burleson should continue to find himself with one-on-one matchups that he can clearly take advantage of. Matthew Stafford is sure to take full advantage when those opportunities present themselves.
33. Nate Washington – Ten = @Pit
34. Robert Meachem – NO = @Car
35. Eric Decker – Den = SD
36. Mike Thomas – Jac = Cin
37. Malcom Floyd – SD = @Den
38. Denarius Moore – Oak = @Hou
39. Johnny Knox – Chi = @Det
40. Austin Collie – Ind = KC
41. Deion Branch – NE = NYJ
42. Hines Ward – Pit = Ten
43. Jerome Simpson – Cin = @Jac —– If the legal issues work themselves out, Simpson should continue to see plenty of passes his way with an improving Andy Dalton from week to week.
44. Michael Crabtree – SF = TB
45. Steve Breaston – KC = @Ind
46. Early Doucet – Ari = @Min
47. Brandon LaFell – Car = NO
48. Donald Driver – GB = @Atl
49. Steve Smith – Phi = @Buf
50. Roy Williams – Chi = @Det
51. Mike Williams – Sea = @NYG
52. Devin Hester – Chi = @Det
53. Titus Young – Det = Chi
53. James Jones – GB = @Atl
55. Dane Sanzenbacher – Chi = @Det —– An undrafted rookie free agent this season, Sanzenbacher is slowly developing into onto of Jay Cutler’s top dump off options. In deep leagues, Sanzenbacher is definitely worth a look right now.
56. Doug Baldwin – Sea = @NYG
57. Andre Roberts – Ari = @Min
58. Randall Cobb – GB = @Atl — 20% —– With a possible high scoring game in store between these two offenses this week, Cobb could see plenty of action in 4 wide receiver sets for the Packers in this game. Boasting breakaway speed, Cobb in an excellent starting flyer option in deep leagues this week.
59. Chad Ochocinco – NE = NYJ
60. Braylon Edwards – SF = TB
61. Jacoby Jones – Hou = Oak — 24% —– If Andre Johnson misses this weeks game, Jones could get the start at WR. Combine that with a matchup against a weak Raiders pass defense, and Jones could net 75 receiving yards to go along with a touchdown.
62. Arrelious Benn – TB = @SF
63. Darrius Heyward-Bey – Oak = @Hou
64. Emmanuel Sanders – Pit = Ten
65. Kevin Walter – Hou = Oak
66. Derek Hagan – Oak = @Hou
67. Andre Caldwell – Cin = @Jac
68. Michael Jenkins – Min = Ari
69. Ben Obomanu – Sea = @NYG
70. Josh Morgan – SF = TB
71. Donnie Avery – Ten = @Pit
72. Jacoby Ford – Oak = @Hou
73. Jarett Dillard – Jac = Cin
74. Preston Parker – TB = @SF
75. Dezmon Briscoe – TB = @SF
76. Blair White – Ind = KC
77. Earl Bennett – Chi = @Det
78. Derrick Mason – NYJ = @NE
79. Golden Tate – Sea = @NYG
80. Harry Douglas – Atl = GB
81. Ted Ginn Jr – SF = TB
82. Antonio Brown – Pit = Ten
83. Brad Smith – Buf = Phi
84. Julian Edelman – NE = NYJ
85. Brandon Tate – Cin = @Jac
86. Louis Murphy – Oak = @Hou
87. Anthony Gonzalez – Ind = KC
88. Matt Willis – Den = SD
89. Jason Avant – Phi = @Buf
90. Jerricho Cotchery – Pit = Ten
91. Bernard Berrian – Min = Ari
92. Chaz Schilens – Oak = @Hou
93. Deon Butler – Sea = @NYG
94. Michael Spurlock – TB = @SF
95. Legedu Naanee – Car = NO
96. Eddie Royal – Den = SD — injured
97. Jordan Shipley – Cin = @Jac — injured
98. Demaryius Thomas – Den = SD — injured
99. Jonathan Baldwin – KC = @Ind — injured
Miles Austin – Dal = BYE
Dez Bryant – Dal = BYE
Anquan Boldin – Bal = BYE
Brandon Marshall – Mia = BYE
Mike Sims-Walker – StL = BYE
Santana Moss – Was = BYE
Lee Evans – Bal = BYE
Brandon Gibson – StL = BYE
Davone Bess – Mia = BYE
Danny Amendola – StL = BYE
Jabar Gaffney – Was = BYE
Mohamed Massaquoi – Cle = BYE
Danario Alexander – StL = BYE
Anthony Armstrong – Was = BYE
Greg Little – Cle = BYE
Torrey Smith – Bal = BYE
Joshua Cribbs – Cle = BYE
Brian Hartline – Mia = BYE
Austin Pettis – StL = BYE
Brian Robiskie – Cle = BYE
Laurent Robinson – Dal = BYE