Do carrots really improve your eyesight
Yes, carrots contain beta carotene, which is turned into vitamin A, and absorbed by retinal cells in the eyes so you can see. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-carrots-really-improve-your-eyesight ]
More Answers to “Do carrots really improve your eyesight“
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is metabolized by the body into vitamin A which is important for the cells in your eyes that process what you see. Symptoms of vitamin A deficiency include night blindness, drying of the eyes…
- Dear Miller, As a growing child and until the growth is complete a good balanced diet is important. In this age group carrots containing Vitamin A improve any deficiancy in this group, this deficiency leads to eye sight problems. However, i…
- Claim: Eating carrots results in improved vision. Status: False. Origins: Carrots have long been touted for their efficacy in improving eyesight, and generations of kids have been admonished to not leave them on their plates lest they end u…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do carrots really improve your eyesight?
- Q: My dad used to tell me all the time that they did – he said “You never see a rabbit wearing glasses, do you?”Was he kidding me all this time cos I really don’t like carrots?
- A: people say if you eat carrots you can see better in the dark but its not true lol
- Do carrots really improve eyesight?
- Q: I dont like carrots. Can I just eat the rabbit?
- A: no, eating the rabbit wont help.
- How many carrots do you have to eat to improve your eyesight?
- Q: Yunno how they always say how carrots have carotene and it helps eyes which results in improved eyesight or whateverin reality how many carrots would you have to eat to actually achieve better eyesight?im kind of curious to know… you probably have to eat A LOTthanks! 🙂
- A: carotene help steady the ciliary muscle. Which means u can focus better than before.. And the other this is that carrot can purify blood and gives a smooth skin..I recommend raw carrots for this.. Say 3 carrots is more than enough.. u will see the difference in a week’s time.. trust me… I tried..visit my page. i’ve got some more tips too: http://gomicheckin2003.googlepages.com/healthtips