Do sit ups burn fat on the belly
Sit ups build strength in the abdomen but do not burn fat in the belly, which can only be done by losing weight in the whole body. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-sit-ups-burn-fat-on-the-belly ]
More Answers to “Do sit ups burn fat on the belly“
- Do sit ups burn fat from your belly?
- Absolutely not. If you burn more calories then you consume, your body will dip into its fat stores. Most men and some women, the major fat store is the stomach, and that’s the last place you’ll have fat. Situps will pull your stomach in lik…
- Do sit ups burn belly fat?
- No they do not. They build ab muscle but do not burn the fat ontop of those muscles…you have to burn that fat by consuming less calories than you are using.
- Can you burn belly fat just by doing sit ups alone?
- Really, it’s impossible to “spot reduce” fat, so the main answer to your question is “no”. Eating well, however, will help you lose fat all over your body, and in time, your belly fat will start to go away. Doing sit-ups…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What other exercises are good to burn belly fat besides sit-ups and crunches?
- Q: Title says all.
- A: situps and crunches are not good exercises to burn belly fatyou cannot spot reduce fat, this means working your arms wont slim down just your arms, just as doing abdominal exercises won’t burn fat from your stomach…your body decides where it stores fat and where it burns it off from…it starts round your abdomen, as this is easier to carry around… its genetics you cannot change it, unfortunately the order you lose fat is the opposite to the way you gained it…start with the stomach, end with the stomach, which is why a 6pack is so hard to get/maintain… as you gain weight its the first thing to go and the last thing to come back… you never see anybody with a double chin and a 6pack – because this order of fat burning is true…the best thing you can do for a tones stomach is watch what you eat, 90% of abdominal definition is diet… if you eat clean and do cardio the belly fat will come off eventuallyyou must try not to focus on the stomach, many people think they are failing as they still have love handles and rolls after a few weeks, and it is because they are too focused on this they do not see the fat coming off their face etc…be patient, do cardio – do not put all your focus on situps…these simply train the muscles up under the fat… do not discard them completely, as the muscles will be ready to look good once the fat comes off if you do both, but dont make these your primary exercise…brisk walks, jogging, these are the exercises that combat fat…not resistance exercises like situps
- Do sit ups burn fat from your belly?
- Q: Is it true that muscles take fat from the nearest source when you excersise?If so does that mean sit ups will burn fat primarily from the belly, and if you done facial excersises for example, would that burn fat from your face?
- A: Absolutely not.If you burn more calories then you consume, your body will dip into its fat stores. Most men and some women, the major fat store is the stomach, and that’s the last place you’ll have fat.Situps will pull your stomach in like you’re flexing all the time, but to get rid of fat, you’d be better off running or skipping. Yeah, skipping. Seriously. Buy a rope for 5 bucks, work up to 15 minutes a day and you’ll be burning tons of calories.
- do sit ups make you burn belly fat?
- Q: do sit ups make you burn belly fat? if they don’t, then what do they do to your body?
- A: You can’t burn just belly fat. You have to build up your muscles and burn fat in your body. Doing sit ups will help build those muscles and help it look better though.In the long run what builds tummy fat is this. Drinking the calories… beer, soda’s, teas (anythign with sugar in it) will make your tummy bigger. Also eating fried foods, fast foods and eating out will make your tummy bigger. Cut way back on all of that and it will help. Get a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps per day, every day, and you’ll lose that belly fat quicker. But remember, losing a half pound to three pounds a week is the norm. Don’t expect more than that. You can add in the sit ups as well as building muscle increases your metabolism and helps you burn fat easier.