How does caffeine stunt your growth
High doses of caffeine can cause anxiety and dizziness, and may interfere with normal sleep. Most growing is done during deep sleep. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-caffeine-stunt-your-growth ]
More Answers to “How does caffeine stunt your growth“
- Does caffeine really stunt your growth?
- No, it is an urban myth. I’m shorter than my friend(used to be taller) and i have caffeinated tea every single day but i doubt it is because of that. I have a 5″7″ dad and a 5″8″ mom, she has a 6″2″ dad and a 5…
- Is it true that caffeine can stunt a child’s growth??
- No. Caffeine has plenty of undesirable effects, but interfering with a child’s growth isn’t one of them. As any adult who relies on a morning cup of coffee or tea can tell you, caffeine is a stimulant. It might make a child irritable, upset…
- Did Caffeine Stunt His Growth?
- I’m 18 now, a male, 5’9”. I began drinking caffeinated sodas in great excess (1 liter or more a day) when I was 10 or 11. By the time I was 13 I had completely stopped growing. My height isn’t that unusually small until you compare me to th…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does caffeine truly stunt your growth?
- Q: Does caffeine stunt your growth? I drink about 2 cups of coffee a day and im 16could this harm my growth?
- A: Sorry baby that is false…I’m 6’5
- Does caffeine REALLY stunt your growth?
- Q: I’m 5’2” and 16 years old.I drink about maybe 16 fl. ozs of tea a day, whether it’s Lipton Green tea, Arizona, or just unsweetened tea at a restaurant. Also, I probably have about 3 cups of coffee a week.I haven’t grown in 2 years, and it was about maybe 2 years ago when i really increased my tea intake.Do you think it has something to do with it?Is caffeine stunting your growth a myth? or the truth? Someone please answer this!
- A: Its definitely a myth – it doesnt stunt your growth.I have been drinking coffee since i was 12 and im 6’1″ (more than 3 cups a day)
- How does caffeine stunt your growth?
- A: The body produces more growth hormone while sleepingCaffeine keeps you awake, hence less growth hormone.That’s one theory. I’m not sure it has been tested with any validity. I would think growth depends more on genetics and good nutrition than on caffeine.