How long does it take to digest food from when you eat it
For healthy adults, it’s usually between 24 and 72 hours, takes about six to eight hours for food to pass through your stomach. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-to-digest-food-from-when-you-eat-it ]
More Answers to “How long does it take to digest food from when you eat it“
- How long does it take for food to get digested once its eaten??
- Well, it ultimately depends on your metabolism and digestive tract, but most digestive systems of adults take anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours to completely digest a food (assuming the clock starts from putting food in your mouth all the …
- When you eat, how long does it take for the stomach to digest the…?
- First, it passes through the esophagus. It moves by a wave of muscle contractions that squeeze the food down at about two inches per second. When the food reaches the stomach, it falls into a churning pool of digestive juices. In the stomac…
- How long does it take to digest your food after you’ve eaten it??
- well it takes seconds to have the food go down your eshopagus and then in your stumache it digests glucose. then it goes in your small intestines. it takes awhile becasue it is mixed with bile from the liver to break down the fats and other…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for a dog to digest its food from when it eats?
- A: It depends on the diet. A raw food diet takes 5-6 hours. A decent kibble diet will take a bit longer (8-12 hours). A junky mostly indigestible diet of corn and other grains like Purina, Pedigree, IAMS, Science Diet, etc will take substantially longer.
- how long does it take to completely digest food from the time you eat it until you poo it out?
- A: That varies quite a bit depending on age, physical condition, illness or the lack therof, and the composition of your diet. In a healthy, moderately active adult, it takes about 20 hours. A person can sometimes consciously regulate one’s bowel habits so that one goes to the toilet at about the same time every day.Don’t get all panicky if you don’t seem to be able to force yourself into a rigid schedule; not everyone can do that. And don’t believe any bullcrap idea that says you MUST empty your bowels each and every day. That simply isn’t true. And don’t fall for such guff as “you must detoxify your body regularly with enemas”. That, too, is bullcrap. Some folks will push hard to convince you otherwise, but that’s because they stand to gain by making a fool of you – they stand to gain your money, yo!IOW, most folks don’t need to worry a bit about their bowels. It all works out in the end!
- To digest food how long does it take?
- Q: how long does it take to digest food and like in what time does one get hungry? I could spend a 24hrs without eating food and I dont get hungry.
- A: it takes about 3-4 hours to empty the stomach and then the fun of digestion begins with the small intestines, through the large intestines onto the bowels and out the other end! All in all about 12-18 hours from eating a meal to excretion.To maintain a constant glucose level (hunger) you should eat about every 2-3 hours depending on the person. Breakfast, 2 hours later a snack, lunch, 2 hours later snack, dinner then a light snack.If you aren’t hungry then somewhere you are distracted with an activity that can over ride the feelings of hunger, stress can do that or just by being excited!Hope that helps!