How many calories does your body burn per day
Depends on the activity. A person burns only about 1 calorie per minute while watching TV, about the same as sleeping! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-does-your-body-burn-per-day ]
More Answers to “How many calories does your body burn per day“
- How many calories does the body burn per day?
- It can vary from 500 calories to 1,600 caloires a day. The taller and more muscular a person is, the more caloires their bodeis burn naturally. The more active the body is, the more calories it will burn. Also, eating a healthy diet allows …
- How many calories per day does your body burn?
- This adult daily calories calculator gives an approximation of your basal metabolic rate – the number of calories per day your body burns. If your goal is to lose weight by burning off excess body fat, aim to eat 500 fewer calories per day …
- How many calories does the body burn naturally without exercise p…?
- Your body burns a certain amount of calories each day whether you exercise or not. We each have what is called a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). This rate gradually decreases with age. To the BMR you add the total calories used during the day d…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories does your body burn naturally per day?
- Q: I know this may be hard to answer because this is different for everyone but i’m curious how many calories an average body will burn per day without any actions?(I workout and run switching off days but i’m curious how much I’d burn when i’m not working out/running so i can kind of limit my calorie intake)thanks :DPS: i’m 17 and about 159 pounds, if you need to know anything else let me know
- A: basal metabolic rate is what people daily burn just for breathing and other processes you body does involuntarily. I’m not sure how to calculate it exactly for you but average adults burn about 1500 calories daily.
- How many calories does your body burn off a day just without exercise?
- Q: Im doing lots of work at the moment which just consists of sitting at computer for hours on end. How many calories does your body burn per day just living? Also, does your body burn extra calories when fighting illness? Just wondering!
- A: Your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) is the number of calories your body burns even if your are just lying in bed doing nothing… you body uses energy to breath, swallow, digest food etc.Your BMR depends on your height and weight – and age!http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/Obviously – going to work isn’t just staying in bed – you need calories above your BMR to have the energy to get up, get ready, eat three meals a day, type when at your computer… evenjust movingyour legs whileyour sitting at your computer!Not sure about the fighting illness thing- wether it makes your body use more energy – but i’d be nclined to say yes – but only slightly.
- How many calories does the body burn naturally without exercise per day?
- Q: Just in general, how much of the calories consumed are used up in just living without any physical activity.And also if anyone else knows, what is the rate of calories burned per step walked?Thank you!
- A: “Basal metabolic rate” is the term for the number of calories you burn doing absolutely no activity. It is a function of your age, gender, weight, and activity level.The rate of calories you burn while exercising also depends on the same four variables the basal metabolic rate does.