How much fiber are you supposed to have in a day
Most nutrition experts recommend that most American adults consume 25-35 grams of dietary fiber daily. Some nutrition experts recommend even more fiber: 35-45 grams daily. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-fiber-are-you-supposed-to-have-in-a-day ]
More Answers to “How much fiber are you supposed to have in a day“
- How much fibre are we supposed to consume per day??
- Last I heard, there are no set hard and fast guidlines about fiber, I believe it is suggested to have atleast 25 grams of fiber a day. Generally, a person should consume 1 gram of fiber for every 100 calories or approximately 25 grams of fi…
- How much fiber are we supposed to get each day??
- According to American Dietetic Association, your body needs 25 to 30 grams of dietary fiber every day. But most Americans manage to get only get half that – 12 to 15 grams – from their daily diets. Even people actively working to get more f…
- How much Fiber am I supposed to consume each day??
- “Fiber” The recommended amount is 25 grams a day, the average American eats 10 grams. I’m a vegan so I get between 40-55 grams a day Great sources of fiber are: beans apples, plums, prunes lots of veggies Kashi bars quite a few br…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how much fiber are we supposed to get each day?
- Q: Just curious here..and how do you know you’re getting it?
- A: According to American Dietetic Association, your body needs 25 to 30 grams of dietary fiber every day. But most Americans manage to get only get half that – 12 to 15 grams – from their daily diets. Even people actively working to get more fiber into their diets can fall short of the daily recommended amount.I take vitamins on a daily basis so I know I am getting enough fiber in my diet.
- how much fiber are u supposed to eat each day?
- A: I just looked this up earlier today :DWomen25 grams per day, for women younger than 5021 grams per day, for women older than 50Men38 grams per day, for men younger than 5030 grams per day, for men older than 50
- How much protein am I supposed to eat each day?
- Q: And what’s with this “complete protein” my nurse sister keeps talking about? What types of foods are complete protiens? Are there any that are not meat?I’m guessing that protiens intake depends on your age, weight, ect soo…I’m a 21 year old female, about 5′ 1″ and I weigh about 113. Usually I can figure out many carbs, grams of fiber, carbs (ect) that are recomended you get each day by looking at the nutrition lables on food. They show the percent that food gives you so with simple math you can figure it out, but it doesn’t do that with protien? hmmAnyway, thanks for your help!
- A: The number of grams of protein you need depends on whether you are a) bodybuilding b) trying a low-carb diet to lose weight or, c)none of the above, and that you are just interested in general nutrition. But…… As a rule of thumb go with about one gram of protein for each pound of bodyweight. If you are trying to build extra muscle, then ramp that up to 1.5.As for what “type” of protein, you might want to check out whey protein. It has all the ones that your body can make and it also has the ones that your body CANT produce. It is a “full spectrum” protein. Don’t get sucked into the expensive stuff at GNC. Just go to Walmart and get a jug (about $20) and it will make a really good milk shake. Add that to your normal fish, egg, meat, and nuts and you’ll be covered no matter what your situation. Also, don’t rely to heavily on the RDA.but, that’s another story! Good Luck!