Is cotton digestible
Cotton is a fiber that is not digestible. It has no nutrition. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-cotton-digestible ]
More Answers to “Is cotton digestible“
- Can mycelium digest cotton?
- cubensis will eat almost anything organic. I have personaly used newspaper with very little spawn, ive also seen cubensis grown on hemp, money, bibles, bras, caps. If its organic it will probably eat it. Question is, while its organic wil…
- Can you digest cotton balls?
- No you cannot. Cotton balls contain mostly cellulose fiber. And the digestive system of humans does not have the ability to break down the cellulose into more simple carbohydrates that can be absorbed into the body. So if you did try and ea…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Dog chews up cotton balls and tissue?Digestible? Ok for him?
- Q: Hey! My crazy little pom has this unexplainable taste for cotton balls and tissue. He has chewed a few and literally swallowed them. I am just curious to know if this is safe for him and if he will excrete it. Any internal clogging tendencies? I keep all this away from him but when he gets hold of it, it is just terribly difficult to get it from him!Thank you for your answers in advance!!
- A: I would certainly discourage it. It may pass fine, but does not break down in the digestive tract. This is a small dog = small digestive tract. I recently had one of my customer’s call [after the fact]. Their French bulldog had injested a tampon [which dogs love] and required surgery. The dog passed it at the vet’s 15 minutes prior to surgery. The estimated cost was between [$5-$7,000.00 Rediculous, but this was L.A.] They only had to pay $1,700.00 for diagnostics!!!Best of luck to you & your Pom!