Is it healthy to be a vegitarian
Vegetarian diets can be very healthy, but eating a balanced diet when you are vegetarian usually requires a little extra attention. You will have to find sources of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-healthy-to-be-a-vegitarian ]
More Answers to “Is it healthy to be a vegitarian“
- A balanced vegetarian diet can be a healthy option. There are many different types of vegetarians from strict vegetarians (also known as vegans) to ovo-lacto vegetarians (consume both eggs and dairy). There are also those who choose to have…
- Yes, you just need to make sure your diet is balanced and includes all the necessary nutrients. As meat, fish and chicken are traditionally the main sources of protein, a vegetarian diet needs to include alternative sources of protein.
- A well-balanced vegetarian diet can be one of the healthiest ways to eat. A diet of chocolate chip cookies, potato chips, and diet soda is not a well-balanced vegetarian diet. Vegetarian diets are usually lower in fat and higher in complex …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some good good and healthy vegitarian meals?
- Q: im a vegitarian and its hard to eat dinner everynight when my parents cook meat and the dinner microwave meals have to much sodium. i love tofu and most vegtibles. i want a meal easy to cook and healthy
- A: If you want to learn to cook, that is great. It’s a very important step for veg people. All of those frozen and prepackaged meals are inexcusably overpriced. Foods containing only plant products should be CHEAPER and NOT pricier.If you haven’t already, please visit this sitehttp://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/vsk/food_groups.html—————————————————-These are some of my favorite things to eat:Breakfast: bananas, cream of wheat with brown sugar and soy butter, cereal, pancakes or french toast with real maple syrup, vegan “sausage” patties, smoothies.Lunch: VEGAN “SAUSAGE” SANDWICHES, sandwiches with vegan deli slices(Tofurkey is the only one that’s kinda funky), fruit, dinner leftovers, couscous salad, vegan sushi, potato or pasta salad.Dinner: sloppy joes, “sausage” and gravy with homemade biscuits, Spaghetti and Trader Joe’s “meatballs” or TVP, lasagna, Thai pad see ew, pad khi mao(drunkard’s noodles), tofu+eggplant with basil sauce, yellow thai curry with tofu or vegan chikn and veggies and jasmine rice, Indian dal with homemade roti or dosai, channa masala, aloo gobi, vegetable or minestrone soup, pizza, STEAMED “PORK” BUNS with potstickers or spring rollsI use these sites to find recipes:http://www.foodnetwork.comhttp://vegweb.comhttp://www.recipezaar.com
- foods diet for becoming a healthy vegitarian?
- Q: im new at being vegitarian and i need help on what foods to eat and what to have in my daily diet. i dont no what to make and i would like to have a healthy set out diet on what to eat but i dont no where to look. sites?
- A: Try tofu, pulses (beans, lentils etc), Quorn, or other similar meat substitute is good. Eggs, cheese, tomatoes, bananas. Red wine contains iron! My mom used to make a wicked mushroom loaf (google?). Tofu should be with salt, pepper, spices, oil, anything to make it taste of something, but I know a lot of people that swear by it. Try different vegetables. Mash parsnips, and sweet potatoes for a different take on mash potatoSome vegetarians eat fish, so you could try that. Salmon is very versatile. (I know that technically that makes them pescatarian, but they say they are vegetarian)
- What are some good resources for learning how to be a healthy vegitarian.?
- Q: I want to go Veggie and want to know how to do it the right way .
- A: Try to avoid eating meat products(chicken, beef, fish) 100%totally. Try to eat more vegetables and fruits. They are very healthy. I hope this helps. God bless you!