Is trail mix good for you
Trail mix has no cholesterol. Is low in sodium and has no sugar. It is very good for you. ChaCha again soon. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-trail-mix-good-for-you ]
More Answers to “Is trail mix good for you“
- How to Make Trail Mix
- Trail mix is a great snack especially when you are on the run and need something quick to eat. It is also a great snack for kids and of course if you are camping.
- Is trail mix a good snack?
- yes it is nuts are very good for you trader joes makes the best trail mixes my faves are :sweet savory and tart trail mix and rainbows end trail mix each are only 150 calories for 1/4 a cup edit: girl above me- that is not true i can eat 12…
- Is trail mix a good snack when on a diet?
- Trail mix is a great snack if you’re active. Remember that although healthy, trail mix is high in fat and calories (because of the nuts). However, nuts have a lot of nutrients that your body can use. Definitely reconsider the ones that have…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is one serving of Granola fruit & Nut Trail mix good for you for breakfast??
- Q: I normally have a banana and a rice cake. But lately I have been trying a serving of the trail mix. I know it has more fat, but is it better for you?
- A: Yes, of course. Trail mix and granola bars will really help you jump start your day. There is fruit, peanuts (that, as you know, are an excellent source of protein), and granola which is good for your digestive track. I’m glad you aren’t eating just a banana and rice cake anymore. Rice cakes have almost no nutritional value, and are eaten just to fill the stomach. And a banana is good too, but you are making a better choice with the trail mix.
- Know a good trail mix?
- Q: I’d like to make a trail mix that has some chocolate in it. Not just a mix of chex and chocolate chips, something a little more exotic.
- A: Trail Mix (recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine) In a bowl combine 1/4 cup of any 8 of the following items: Unsalted nuts, peanuts, cashews, or almonds Sunflower seeds Dried cranberries Dried cherries Dried apricots Raisins Mini chocolate chips Mini pretzels Multi grain Cheerios Whole wheat Chex cereal GranolaStore in an airtight container. From USA WeekendINGREDIENTS1 cup combination diced dried fruit, such as prunes, apricots, pears and apples 1/2 cup raisins and/or dried cherries or cranberries 1 1/2 cups unsalted sunflower seeds 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (or honey-roasted peanuts, chopped walnuts or unsalted almonds) DIRECTIONSMix all. Makes 4 cups. From ABOUT.comBasic Trail Mix Equal parts of nuts and various dried fruits with additions of chocolate or coconut or salty snacks like pretzels or breakfast cereal. Let’s use a cup for an example. • 1 cup salted peanuts • 1 cup raisins • 1 cup M&Ms Mix and portion out, remembering that 1 ounce provides 140 calories. Adjust the proportions to taste. Common Additions: • Dried fruit: raisins, dried apricots, date nuggets, banana chips, apple chips, dried papaya, dried cranberries, dried cherries. • Nuts and seeds: peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds. • Chocolate and more: M&Ms, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, carob chips, dried coconut • Salty stuff: Pretzels, sesame sticks, oriental rice crackers, salty “party mix” cereal. • Cereals: Any breakfast cereal, granola. OK – go forth and create your own exotic mix now that you have some great guidelines!ENJOY!
- A good Trail mix to buy?
- Q: I’m looking for a good trailmix that I can buy. I don’t have a lot of time to make any, but all the ones I find it stores seem to be peanuts and M & Ms. Does anyone know of one that I can buy that has a good mixture of nuts and dried berries? I like taking trail mix as a snack in place of all the junk food that’s available.I should clarify that I’m looking for something that is all or mostly natural. I really don’t like chocolate mixed w/ anything else, and while Chex Mix is good, I don’t think of it as trail mix. 🙂
- A: I found these at Genisoy.com – might be what you’re looking for.Trail Mix Tropical Paradise – Soy nuts, mangos, pineapples, bananas, macadamia nuts, cranberries and coconut.http://www.genisoy.com/HostedStore.LassoApp?-ResponseLassoApp=detail.lasso&ID=29015e8b8310ffe9Trail Mix Mountain MedleySoy nuts, raisins, cranberries, almonds, cashews and appleshttp://www.genisoy.com/HostedStore.LassoApp?-ResponseLassoApp=detail.lasso&ID=8b973e667477b258Trail Mix Happy TrailsSoy nuts, raisins, almonds, cashews, chocolate morsels and cranberries.http://www.genisoy.com/HostedStore.LassoApp?-ResponseLassoApp=detail.lasso&ID=4a064513e4cf601e