Is Watermelon a fruit or veggie
Watermelon is the fruit of a plant originally from a vine of southern Africa. However, it can also be considered a vegetable. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-watermelon-a-fruit-or-veggie ]
More Answers to “Is Watermelon a fruit or veggie“
- Is watermelon a fruit or veggie?
- It counts as a fruit because it has seeds. Just like a tomato counts as fruit as well.
- What kind of fruits/veggies should i grow right now.I know tomato…?
- This is the prime time for Peas, also start green onions,parsley and cilantro before it gets too hot. Cilantro doesn’t like hot weather and will go to seed(bolt) if it gets too warm. But Basil loves the heat, and does not like the least bit…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is a watermelon a fruit or veggie?
- Q: i say fruit but somebody told me it was a veggie so that got me all confused.
- A: Actually it is a vegetable. It is a cousin to cucumber, squash, and pumpkin. But many regard it as a fruit, just as most people think tomato is a vegetable when, in reality, it is a fruit. Also, it is very high in lycopene; even more than tomatoes, and therefore very good for you.
- is a cantaloupe a fruit or a veggie, as it is in the same family as the veggie watermelon?
- Q: is in the family of Cucurbitaceae, same a cucumber, squash, and watermelon…According to Webster’s dictionary a vegetable is anything made or obtained from plants (2004). Watermelon is amember of the cucurbitaceae plant family of gourds (classified as Citrullus Lantus), related to the cucumber, squash,and pumpkin (Maynard, 2001). It is planted from seeds or seedlings, harvested, and then cleared from the field likeother vegetables. Since watermelon is grown as a vegetable crop using vegetable production systems, watermelon isconsidered a vegetable (Wolford, 2004).
- A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantaloupe
- is watermelon a fruit or veggie?
- A: It counts as a fruit because it has seeds. Just like a tomato counts as fruit as well.