What are the health benefits of zinc
Zinc is essential for a healthy immune system, aids in wound healing, helps maintain the sense of smell and taste, supports normal growth and development, and is essential for DNA synthesis. Ingestion of zinc salts help in gastrointestinal infections. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-health-benefits-of-zinc ]
More Answers to “What are the health benefits of zinc“
- Have there been any reports of cat illness due to this issue?
- We have not received any reports of pet health issues at this time.
- Is there an alternative?
- You would need to speak with your physician about any alternatives to your current medication, and whether you can increase your zinc level by taking a supplement.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are the potential health benefits of Zinc supplements? Optimal dose? thanks!?
- A: Zinc deficiency can result in poor immunity, slow wound healing, poor sense of smell and taste, eye problems, hair loss, chronic fatigue, respiratory problems like asthma or pneumonia, impotence or infertility, and finally skin problems like dandruff or eczema. (wow what a list)Common dosages of zinc range from 15 to 50 mg per day based on size, lifestyle, etc. best source of zinc is oysters (which is why they have the reputation for being an aphrodisiac…because they contain zinc which is needed for semen and fertility). A dozen oysters a week is often enough otherwise can be taken as zinc gluconate (excellent absorption).
- what are the benefits of panchadhatu(indian word for 5 metals in a ring form?
- Q: PANCHDHATU IS MADE OF 5 METALS.THEY SEEM TO BE GOLD,SILVER,COPPER,IRON,AND ZINCWHAT ARE THEIR HEALTH BENEFITS WHEN WORN IN A RING FORM??
- A: Are you familiar with the “placebo effect”? …’bout sums it up I’d say.
- 10pts, health please help major?
- Q: 1.Which substance helps heal wounds?A. potassiumB. ironC. zincD. vitamin D 2.Which nutrients provide the body with most of its energy? A. fatsB. proteinsC. carbohydratesD. vitamins3.What should physically active people eat plenty of? A. dairyB. carbohydratesC. proteinsD. fats 4.Which is NOT a positive lifestyle factor?A. getting 8 hours of sleep each nightB. spending time with friendsC. smokingD. getting 60 minutes of exercise each day 5. Which activity promotes high flexibility, muscle strength/endurance, and heart/lung endurance?A. handballB. weight trainingC. swimmingD. slow walking6.Which is a mental/emotional benefit from physical activity? A. meeting new peopleB. stress reductionC. improvement of one’s sense of balanceD. control of blood sugar levels
- A: This is what I got from research…1) C (www.healthy-skincare.com/benefit-of-zinc.html)2) C (www.bodybuildingforyou.com/health-nutrition/carbohydrates-food.htm)3) not C? (according to www.fitness.gov/fastfacts.htm, protein does NOT help. Could be an old hw assignment with outdated info.?)4) C (obviously smoking is bad for your lungs and can cause cancers and diseases)5) C (my guess is that you have to control your breath in swimming more than in the other sports)6) B/C (stress reduction can be caused by other people, I’ve heard that one’s balance is controlled by their ears…depends if you’re talking in a physical sense)Looks like the teacher might have given you an assignment where all (or most) of the answers are C! Good luck! 🙂