What do anti-oxidants do for you
Antioxidant-rich food may help prevent various cancers, heart disease, and diseases of aging. Vitamins C and E, carotenoids (including beta-carotene), and the mineral selenium are all powerful antioxidants found in food. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-anti%26%2345%3Boxidants-do-for-you ]
More Answers to “What do anti-oxidants do for you“
- What do Anti-oxidants do?
- Anti-oxidants neutralize free radicals, which would otherwise damage cells, membranes and DNA. They also preserve food and have been used in the food industry for more than 20 years. Extracts of the herb rosemary are often added to foods fo…
- Can Green Tea Really Prevent Cancer?
- It seems that one of the most important tools that we have in our cancer preventing tool box is anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants are very effective at combating free radicals that are created in our bodies as we process food. The free radicals …
- Why the Need for anti oxidants?
- Antioxidants are important in a healthy diet and lifestyle. Antioxidants can be found in certain foods, or you can take supplements. Most people choose to take supplements in addition to eating healthy to make sure they get the proper amoun…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What food & fruits are high in anti-oxidants? Tried Life Pak or G3?
- Q: If you are currently taking Life Pak & G3, how long did u take these and do you think they are effective? In what ways? Really a good investment for health?What other type of supplements can increase your level of anti-oxidants?
- A: These foods get the top scores. It is always better to get your nutrition from food, rather than supplements:1. Cherries2. Blueberries3. Dried plums4. Artichokes5. Russet potatoes6. Red cabbage7. Walnuts8. Pecans9. Hazelnuts10. Cinnamon11. Cloves12. Oregano
- What does NOT have anti-oxidants these days?
- Q: For decades coffee was looked as not necessarily good to downright bad for your health. Then, after coffee became what it is today, researchers ‘suddenly’ found antioxidants in coffee and that it has health benefits. Chocolate too, all of a sudden, now has antioxidants and health benefits- so you can both get wired and jittery on coffee and diabetic and lose your teeth on chocolate and still be promoting your health.So what does not , nor ever will, have antioxidants?
- A: I also remember when people considered the idea of “anti-oxidants” as radical, liberal nonsense. Funny.
- Are there food that contain oxidants and are bad for you ?
- Q: what happens when you eat both foods that contain anti-oxidants and oxidants ? Do they cancel each other out ?
- A: Food doesn’t “contain oxidants” Think of it like this, you know when you leave a cut apple out and it gets all brown? Well That’s called oxidization and that same process occurs inside your body to your organs. Antioxidants protect your organs from “rotting.”Hope I made that clear enough for you.