What do water pills do
Water pills help the body get rid of extra fluid. This can be quite useful for people who had a heart attack. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-water-pills-do ]
More Answers to “What do water pills do“
- What do water pills do?
- Water pills will dehydrate you and that could be dangerous. You should check with a doctor to be sure you really need them. Fewer calories and exercise will be your best aid to weight loss. No one said it’s easy and fast.
- What are water pills?
- They are referred to as diuretics. Definition Diuretics are medicines that help reduce the amount of water in the body. Source: Answers.com
- Are water pills safe?
- Well I guess they are for most people. Water pills are usually the treatment they try first for high blood pressure. However, if you have something else going on, it may not be OK. Diuretics (water pills) raise blood sugar levels in Diabeti…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do water pills work with diet and exercise help to lose weight?
- Q: So i am trying to lose weight. I lost 5 lbs last week by eating right and going to the gym everyday. All i drink is water during the day. No juices, soda, anything just water. So Yesterday i went to the gym twice once in the afternoon and once at night. I gained one pound when i weighed this morning? My dad said its probably water weight, Do you think he is right? Would water pills help me to lose weight as well as continuing diet and exercise?
- A: It might help you lose a few pounds but its not a long term fix.What kind of exercise are you doing at the gym? You are building up muscle while losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so you may look thinner but have still gained a few pounds of muscle during your weight loss. Its a good thing. You should go more by how you feel and look than the number on the scale. Also, you should weigh yourself like once a week to see your overall improvement. If you weigh yourself everyday you will see the slight (water weight) changes and that isnt what you should be focused on.
- What are the best pills to help flush out you body and get rid of water retention?
- Q: Keep in mind I have a 800 calorie diet with little to know salt what so ever. So all I want to know is what are the best pills out there to help flush the water out (water pills) ect???
- A: agreed not a good idea, you will get dehydrated.
- Is there an alternative to taking water pills?
- Q: My grandma is on water pills but wants to get off them. Whenever she stops her legs swell up really bad and hurt. But she doesn’t want to take them anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe even natural remedies are helpful.
- A: Tea with parsley is the best! Just pour a glass of boiling water over 1 tea spoon of parsley and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Drink 1-2 glasses a day.