What does ricotta cheese taste like
It’s a very mild cheese, but with a bit of a tang. . It’s like creamy cottage cheese with character and tang. Want recipes? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-ricotta-cheese-taste-like ]
More Answers to “What does ricotta cheese taste like“
- What does ricotta cheese taste like?
- I make a Cavatelli pasta with it in it in the restaurant I cook at & I’ve tasted it & I love cheeses, but it was somewhat as you described it. I don’t care for it alone, but makes the pasta better tasting. At least the kind I use. A…
- Can you describe the taste of ricotta cheese?
- It’s a very mild cheese, but with a bit of a tang. Just this side of being salty. It’s like creamy cottage cheese with character and tang. It’s kind of a leftover product from making cheese. After you take out the curds from making cheese y…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do ricotta cheese taste better on Lasagna?
- Q: I really never taste ricotta cheese on lasagna.
- A: yes ,that is the way the dish is supposed to be made if you want to be originalI think it tastes much better that waybut to each their own
- what does ricotta cheese taste like?
- Q: The reason I’m asking is because I bought a jar of “Dolmio pasta bake, creamy spinach & ricotta flavor,” And the taste was not what I expected at all (more alfredo-like), instead it’s creamy and SOUR which led me think it went bad even the product has another 6 months before expiring…. Is ricotta cheese supposed to taste like yogurt or cheese mixed with vinegarette? Thx
- A: I make a Cavatelli pasta with it in it in the restaurant I cook at & I’ve tasted it & I love cheeses, but it was somewhat as you described it. I don’t care for it alone, but makes the pasta better tasting. At least the kind I use. And every container I’ve bought was the same. A little sour tasting. If it was unuseable you would know it. It would be molded. I think you will be fine with it. As with all other products, different brands taste different.
- what does ricotta cheese look like and taste like??
- Q: i bought it for the 1st time…i tried it…….it has no taste and all and has a soft watery texture ….would it be ok for lasagne??
- A: It’s PERFECT for lasagna! I make the best lasagna around (per everyone that has tried it! People beg me for it!) and all I ever use is ricotta. Blend it with 1/4 cup parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella before you use it as a filling. (Plus an egg, some parsley, and some oregano.) It’s so much better than cottage cheese. And it shouldn’t be too watery. Stir it up. And buy quality stuff.