What does vitamen d do for a person
The major biologic function of vitamin D is to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin D aids in (MORE?) [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-vitamen-d-do-for-a-person ]
More Answers to “What does vitamen d do for a person“
- How much Vitamin D does a person need ?
- A human can use 1000 (Holick) to 3600 (Heaney 2003) International Units (IU) of Vitamin D per day, so there is a need for constant intake to maintain the target concentration. (keeping the tank full) If UVB is not available, the only option…
- Can a person overdose on vitamin d?
- Yes, studies have shown that consuming Vitamin D in quantities above the UL (upper intake levels)will result in toxicity. The levels are as follows: from birth to 12 months 25 micrograms (1,000 IU) and one year and older 50 micrograms (2,00…
- Would giving a white person vitamin D supplements cause him to da…?
- Vitamin D is fat soluble: that means that an excessive amount will cause problems with endocrine glands and possibly organ malfunction. If white people as a population were given enough vitamin D and light skin was significantly selected ag…