What does vitamin A do for you
Vitamin A helps maintain the health of skin and mucus linings, helps strengthen immunity and helps vision in dim light. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-vitamin-a-do-for-you ]
More Answers to “What does vitamin A do for you“
- it helps build strong bones
- Summary: Vitamin A, found in both animal products as well as fruits and vegetables, helps to enhance eye health and vision as well as skin health, and it plays a major role in the health of the immune system. Discover how to ingest more vit…
- Vitamin A is one of among fat soluble vitamins present in the nature.Humans cannot synthesize in their body, hence require to have it in their diet. Both plant and animal sources are good in vitamin A contents, however adding more of plant …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much vitamin D does a two year old need daily?
- Q: Just out of curiosity i want to know how much vitamin D does a two year old need daily? Do the vitamins that you buy at the store have a sufficient amount, or should i be giving her lots of vitamin D milk too? I know that it wouldn’t hurt to give her that too, but i just wanted to know. Nothing wrong with being curious, right?
- A: The current recommended Vitamin D intake for children is 400 IU per day. You would need to have your child drink 4 8 ounce glasses of milk per day to reach that level. 2 year olds only need 2 cups of milk per day, though. You don’t want to push too much milk, especially with a 2 year old, as it can fill up tiny tummies and cause them to not eat well. You can ask your pediatrician about a Vitamin D supplement, but he/she may suggest a children’s multi vitamin. Just read the labels on the vitamins and choose one with adequate Vitamin D. When it comes to nutrition, balanced is best so avoid too much of any one thing. If your child also like yogurt and cheese, check those labels as well. Even with cow’s milk, the vitamin D is fortified as it doesn’t naturally contain adequate amounts of Vitamin D. The natural source of Vitamin D is sunshine. If your child is eating a wide variety of food and spending some time out in the sun, she is probably getting adequate amounts of Vitamin D. Check with your pediatrician for his/her recommendations about supplements.
- What exactly does vitamin E do for acne scar?
- Q: I was wondering if Vitamin E is good for reducing redness from a pimple scar? Does vitamin e stimulate collagen build in some sort? How effective is vitamin e from your experience on acne scars?Also, what other remedies do you recommend for fading scars or reducing scar redness? Thanks.
- A: More recent studies show vitamin E does nothing. They now think it’s actually the rubbing/massaging of the scar when you apply some kind of ointment that helps with healing.
- Vitamin B~12 how does this help you drop pounds and gain energy?
- Q: I recently started drinking vitamin water, loved it until I realized each bottle has 24 grams of sugar in a 20 oz bottle. I noticed this water too has B~12 in it.How can I get B~12 in a healthier way, and what does it actually do for your body?I felt a boost when drinking this water hate that it had soo much sugar.
- A: take a mutli b vitamin complexits gives me a boost and it helps with my mood in generali got mine in drug storegoogle the benefits of taking the multi b complex vs just b12