What foods are omega 3 found in
Salmon, Walnuts, and shrimp are all high in omega 3 fatty acids. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-foods-are-omega-3-found-in ]
More Answers to “What foods are omega 3 found in“
- What is Omega-3 fat and what foods will I find it in??
- Omega-3 (along with omega-6) belongs to a family of fats called essential fatty acids. These EFAs are found in polyunsaturated fats. Omega-3 – Alpha-Linolenic Acid (LNA) – is the essential fatty acid in shortest supply. According to experts…
- What are some good food sources to find Omega-3 fatty acids??
- Oily fish, ie mackerel, herring, sardines. and it’s good to have fish in your diet too. there are vegetarian/vegan alternatives as supplement pills. From plant oils i think. you can also buy cod liver capsules, you can get these real cheap,…
- Which foods contain Omega 3?
- There are different forms of Omega 3, the most important being EPA (eicosapentanoic acid) and DHA (docosahexanoic acid) both of which are found in oily fish. EPA & DHA are the most potent and bio-available forms of Omega 3 The third for…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What foods is omega 3 found in?
- Q: I know it is in Mayonaise and fish but what else? please answer as much as you can!
- A: Flax SeedsDried Ground ClovesWalnutsSalmon, Halibut, CodCauliflowerCabbageDried Ground OreganoMustard SeedsBrussel SproutsCooked Soybeans
- What are some good food sources to find Omega-3 fatty acids?
- Q: I’ve heard great benificial things about omega-3 fatty acids and I would love to know what are the best ways to find food products that contain these fatty acids? Thank you!
- A: Oily fish, ie mackerel, herring, sardines. and it’s good to have fish in your diet too. there are vegetarian/vegan alternatives as supplement pills. From plant oils i think. you can also buy cod liver capsules, you can get these real cheap, used to take them every winter, for cold prevention and keeping joints oiled.
- In what types of foods can I find Omega 3 Besides Fish.?
- Q: I heard that its really healthy for your babys brain development and I’ve found it to be in milk but what else are sources for omega 3I’ve been taking prenatal vitamins and been blood tested for nerual tube defects Im very aware with alof of stuff that can happen thats why I want the best for my baby so if Omega 3 helps then I want to know some sources alright
- A: Canola oilEnglish walnutsFlax oil*Flax seed (ground)*Hemp oil*Hemp seed / hemp nut (ground)*Olive oilLeafy green vegetables (small amounts, but a good omega-3 to omega-6 ratio)Pumpkin seedsSoybeansSoybean oilSupplementshope this helps Gilly x