What happens if you take too much calcium
Too much calcium may cause: Abdominal pain, Nausea and vomiting, Constipation, Loss of appetite, and Excessive thirst. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-if-you-take-too-much-calcium ]
More Answers to “What happens if you take too much calcium“
- Is it possible to take too much calcium?
- It is unlikely that you will get too much calcium. Typically, any excess that the body cannot use is excreted in the urine and stool. Most people absorb calcium with no problems. If you have concerns about how much calcium you should be get…
- What happens if I take in too much calcium……….??
- If you consume too much calcium you could end up deficient in magnesium as the calcium may be preferentially absorbed at the expense of magnesium as calcium and magnesium interact. A deficiency of magnesium can give you cramps, spasms and t…
- CAN I TAKE TOO MUCH CALCIUM?
- The National Institute of Health and the Journal of the American Medical Association seem to agree that calcium can be safely consumed up to 2000 mg. per day by most people. The product may be administered by teaspoon or mixed with the beve…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What happens if I take in too much calcium……….?
- Q: Lately I’ve been drinking a lot of milk, like 24 ounces a day, and eating yogurt and cheese daily so I was wondering what happens if I take in too much calcium? Can it actually be bad for me or am I good? And how much does a female need on a daily basis?I’m 16, 5’3″ and 100 pounds if that matters.
- A: If you consume too much calcium you could end up deficient in magnesium as the calcium may be preferentially absorbed at the expense of magnesium as calcium and magnesium interact. A deficiency of magnesium can give you cramps, spasms and twitching.Your calcium requirement, at your young age, is probably something like 1,200 mg per day or even a bit more and you are undoubtedly getting that amount. Your magnesium requirement would be half that amount so 600 mg per day of magnesium would be a good intake. There is plenty of magnesium in nuts and much smaller amounts in bread and cereals.
- What happen if i take too much calcium?
- Q: The recommended value of calcium intake is 1300, i took 1600.What happens if i take 300 too much?
- A: Once or twice is not going to cause major damage. But taking it on a constant basis can lead to stones in Kidney (OH, are they ever painful… wow !! – I do not wish that upon even my worst enemy) or even gallstones. (another worst candidate)Will we get better sooner if we take all the medicine at once? same here.Moderation is the key.
- What happens if you take too much calcium?
- A: Too much calcium in the blood may cause:abdominal painnausea and vomitingconstipationloss of appetiteexcessive thirstexcessive passing of watertirednessweaknessweight loss.