What is a fig as in fig newton
The Fig Newton obviously has figs in it and it is regarded as having been named for the city of Newton, Massachusetts. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-fig-as-in-fig-newton ]
More Answers to “What is a fig as in fig newton“
- What is in a fig newton?
- A Fig Newton is a pastry bar filled with fig jam. The name is a brand of Nabisco.
- How did fig newtons get their name?
- Originally, the Fig Newton was just called the Newton. There is an old rumor that James Henry Mitchell, the funnel machine’s inventor, named the cookies after that great physicist, Sir Isaac Newton, but that was just a rumor. The cookies we…
- How to Make Fig Newtons
- ･ 1 In a small saucepan, combine figs, water, orange juice and 1/3 cup sugar. ･ 2 Bring fig mixture to a boil. ･ 3 Reduce heat and let figs simmer for 1 hour or until soft and spreadable. Set aside to cool. ･ 4 In a large bowl, beat butter …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I get Fig Newton stain out of sheets? +10 to best answer!?
- Q: My boyfriend fell asleep while eating a fig newton and now there is a large stain that i can’t get out by picking it off, what would be the best?
- A: Ah, the old fig newton excuse, huh? Pretreat the stain before you wash the sheet. Don’t dry the sheet in a drier, cuz that’ll cause the stain to set. It should come out after a couple of washes.
- what is the newton in fig newtons?
- Q: on a side note, do you have a recipe for homemade fig newtons?
- A: Originally, the Fig Newton was just called the Newton. There is an old rumor that James Henry Mitchell, the funnel machine’s inventor, named the cookies after that great physicist, Sir Isaac Newton, but that was just a rumor.Recipe:Ingredients1 lb dried figs or 2 lbs fresh figs 1 cup sugar 1 cup water(1 c. for dried figs, 1/2 c. for fresh) 1/2 cup butter, room temp 1 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 tablespoon cream or milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 3/4 cups flour DirectionsDice figs, soak in water 1 hour. Add sugar & cook on medium heat until of thin jam consistency. Beat sugar, butter, egg, milk & vanilla until well blended. Add dry ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour. Place 1/2 on well floured dough cloth; knead about 6 times. Roll out to 1/4″ thick. Line 13 x 9″ glass baking dish; cover with figs. Roll remaining dough, cover figs. Cook at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares. Depending on the size you cut you can get a couple dozen cookies.
- what is the average shelf life of a fig newton?
- Q: just got a package of fig newtons out of a vending machine dated 10/22. It’s 10/14 today. I’m a little nervous.
- A: HA HA HA! Those things will probably be good for another 5 years! Thanks for making me laugh!