What is a good chili recipe
White Chili,1 lb white beans,rinsed,6 c chicken broth,1 tsp chicken base,2 onions,chopped,1 tbs oil,6-8 cloves garlic,minced MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-good-chili-recipe ]
More Answers to “What is a good chili recipe“
- What is a good chili recipie?
- 1 lb lean hamburger meat 1 lb stew meat 1 package of smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces 1 medium onion, chopped 1 package of chili seasoning 2 cans of chili beans 2 cans of kidney beans 1 can of tomato sauce 1 bell pepper, shopped b…
- How to : A Quick and Easy Chili Recipe that Kids Can Make
- ･ 1 Chop the onion. ･ 2 Cook the ground chuck and onion together in a skillet until the beef is browned. ･ 3 Drain the fat from the skillet. ･ 4 In a large sauce pan, pour in the red beans, Chili Magic, and tomatoes. ･ 5 Add the meat and on…
- What is your best chili recipe?
- this is the new family favorite…Nick Mangold’s Chili One of the recipes in the Super Bowl Cookoff Ingredients * 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil * 6 strips of thick-cut bacon, diced * 1 large onion, chopped * 1 pound Mexican chorizo s…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is a good chili recipe?
- A: Title: Texas Red Chili Categories: Chili, Main dish, Mexican, Vegetables Yield: 6 servings 3 lb Beef Boneless Round Steak; * 1 c Onion; Finely Chopped, 1 lg 4 ea Cloves Garlic;Finely Chopped 1/4 c Vegetable Oil 2 c Tomato Puree 2 tb Red Chiles; Ground, To Taste 1 ts Cumin Seed; Ground 1 ts Coriander; Ground 4 ea Anaheim Chiles; ** 4 ea Jalapeno Chiles; ** MMMMM————————-GARNISHES—————————— 1 x Cheddar Cheese; Shredded 1 x Flour Tortillas 1 x Pinto Beans; Cooked * Round Steak should be cut into 1-inch cubes. ** Peppers should be seeded and chopped ~—————– Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in 4-quart Dutch oven until beef is brown. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese, tortillas and beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 2 hours. Serve with cheese, tortillas, and beans.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx CHILI TACO SALAD Recipe By : Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00 Categories : Vegetables Poultry Salads Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method ——– ———— ——————————– — —–LIGHT & EASY CHICKEN CHILI—————- 1 tb Vegetable oil 2 Onions 2 cl Garlic — minced 1 lb Chicken — ground 1 c Carrots — chopped 1 c Celery — chopped 2 tb Chili powder 1 t Ground cumin 3/4 ts Dried oregano 1/2 ts Salt 1/4 ts Hot pepper flakes 1/4 ts Pepper 28 oz Tomatoes — canned 19 oz Red kidney beans — canned 19 oz Chick-peas — drain, rinse 1/4 c Parsley — fresh, chopped —–CHILI TACO SALAD—– 4 c Tortilla chips 4 c Lettuce — shredded 2 c Tomatoes — fresh, chopped 1 c Sour cream or yogurt 1 c Monterey Jack — shredded 1/2 c Black olives — chopped 1/2 c Jalapeno peppers — chopped 12 Mini corn cobs (optl) PREPARE CHILI: In large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and garlic, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken; cook, stirring, for about 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add carrot, celery, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, hot pepper flakes and pepper; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes and kidney beans; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chick-peas; simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley. CHILI TACO SALAD: Taco salad is a simly irrestible combo of pleasingly spicy chicken cbili, crunchy cool lettuce and tomatoes, creamy sour cream and tongue-tingling peppers. Divide chips among 4 plates. Top each with 1 cup chili, then lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, olives, jalapeno peppers, and corn (if using) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Title: CINCINNATI SKYLINE CHILI Categories: Chili Yield:8 servings 2 lb Ground beef 1 cn Tomato sauce (15 oz) 2 Bay leaves 1 ts Ground cinnamon 1 1/2 ts Salt 1 1/2 ts Vinegar 1 1/2 ts Ground allspice 3 c Water 1/4 ts Garlic power 1 Onion, chopped 1 ts Worcestershire sauce 2 ts Cumin 1 tb Chili powder 1/2 ts Crushed red pepper Mix ground beef and water until soupy. Mix in other ingredients. Simmer, uncovered 3 hours. Stir occasionally. “Makes 8 servings.” Note: Top with grated Cheddar, onions, chili beans or use as sauce over noodles or spaghetti. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- What beans are good to use in a chili recipe?
- Q: I’m planning on making chili in the crockpot and am just wondering what kinds of beans are good to use in chili and if anyone has any good recipes. In my opinion, there are many different beans that could be used and even combined, but I’m not really sure what the best kinds together are. Is there such a thing as having too many different kinds together in one chili recipe?Thanks! 🙂
- A: No. I have some amazing styles of chili that I make, and they all have multiple types of beans in them. Kidney beans are good because they stay firm no matter how long you cook them. Pinto beans are good because they absorb all the flavors well. Surprisingly enough, I would not recommend chili beans,(they are not named after “chili” the dish,)they are nothing special, and have a bitter taste, which can be a sore spot in any chili or stew dish,(trust me!) I also highly recommend butter beans, They are soft, and also absorb a lot of flavor.
- Looking for good recipe for chili with beer?
- Q: A long time ago I had this great recipe for chili with good beer in it and lots of different spices. I lost it (sigh). When I served it everyone would sort of sink into comfortable chairs and the floor after awhile in sleepy contentment. Does anyone have a good beer, spicy, chili recipe?Thanks Diane,This one looks great.These are all great recipes. Thanks. I can’t choose the best one because I like them all. I’m leaving it to the voters.
- A: Beer Chili1 (12 ounce) can beer, of your choice 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans (mild or hot) 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans (mild or hot) 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes 1 lb ground beef (browned and drained) 1 medium chopped onion 1 chopped green pepper (optional or desired amount) 1 (8 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (I’m not sure if it’s actually 8oz or not. It’s a little brown sack with red on front of package) Brown and drain 1 lb. of hamburger. While browning hamburger, empty V-8 Juice and Beer into a large stock pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, Add all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT CHILI PACKAGE SPICES (add beef, beans, onion, green pepper, tomatoes etc). Open chili spice package. You will find 4 packets of different spices. Add larger package of chili spices, first, and stir. Add salt packet to taste (I usually end up adding this entire one), stir. Add small cayenne pepper packet to taste (optional). Will be extremely hot & spicy if all is added. I usually add 1/4 to 1/2 of packet.). If you like thick chili follow directions on package for use of masa flour to thicken. Continue to simmer and stir. It’s ready to eat when heated all the through. The longer it simmers the spicier it will get. My mom used to let it simmer for an hour or more when I was younger. If you decide to simmer longer than 20 minutes, after last ingredient is added, turn the heat down to low. We like to garnish with sour cream, crackers, shredded cheese and/ or Fritos. I also noticed at the chili party that some people added spaghetti noodles to their chili.ANOTHER RecipeBEEF AND DARK BEER CHILIBon Appétit, February 2007Stout makes the beef taste beefier in this chili. For best results, pick out a five-pound boneless chuck roast and have the butcher grind it for you. Sam Adams Cream Stout has a malty sweetness that’s just right. serving size-Makes 10 to 12 servings.1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin 1 tablespoon ground coriander5 pounds ground chuck2 tablespoons canola oil2 1/2 pounds onions, coarsely chopped1 1/2 pounds red bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces1 1/2 pounds yellow bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces2 large jalapeño chiles with seeds, chopped (about 1/3 cup)7 tablespoons chili powder2 teaspoons (packed) minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce* 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes with added puree2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained1 12-ounce bottle dark beer (such as stout)Sour creamChopped green onionsCoarsely grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese*Available in the Latin foods section of some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Latin markets.Toast cumin and coriander in skillet over medium heat until darker and beginning to smoke, about 4 minutes. Cool.Sauté beef in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking up with spoon, about 8 minutes. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, all bell peppers, and jalapeños. Sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 15 minutes. Add mixture to pot with meat. Mix in toasted spices, chili powder, and chipotle chiles. Add crushed tomatoes, beans, and beer. Bring chili to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated up to 2 days (or freeze up to 1 month). Rewarm over medium-low heat.Ladle chili into bowls. Serve with sour cream, green onions, and cheese.This was a good recipe but benefited from a few changes. I doubled the amount of beans, doubled the amount of chipotle, added more chili powder and cooked it for a total of 2 hours. Then it was great!Enjoy! ~-~