What is green tea good for
A study indicates that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent. It also lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol/bad (LDL) cholesterol. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-green-tea-good-for ]
More Answers to “What is green tea good for“
- according to a study published in an issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, green tea has been shown to activate the body’s thermogenic fat-burning activity.1 In this study, an optimal amount of catechins (690 mg) ingested for…
- Green tea has been credited with helping everything from weight loss to cancer prevention. People who live in the eastern hemisphere of the world have known for some time green tea is good for killing bacteria. Green tea is also known to de…
- Green tea’s polyphenols are powerful antioxidants that are reputed to be two hundred times stronger than vitamin E. It has anticancer catechins, which protect the cells from carcinogens, toxins, free radical damage, and help to keep radioac…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is green tea good for your skin?
- Q: I havent really tried green tea because i dont really like tea…….BUT i heard green tea was really good for you!
- A: Antioxidents are good for your skin because they fight free radicals which are the little nasties that age you. Green tea is a great source of antioxidents ( I like the iced version from Panera bakery) but there are other antioxident sources if you look for them. Dark leafy greens, red and purple fruits and veggies. Red wine.
- What is a good green tea to drink if I don’t like the taste but like the health benefits?
- Q: I like the health benefits of green tea, but I’ve never really liked the taste of tea. I’m willing to try it again though, but I’d like to know a brand of green tea that is a good one that you think non-tea lovers will enjoy.
- A: I like Arizona Green Tea with plum.
- Is regular tea as good for you as green tea?
- Q: They are always talking about green tea, green tea, green tea. How healthy it is. But I don’t like it. I like Earl Grey Tea or something like that with milk in it. Is that just as good?
- A: green tea is healthier and has more antioxidents…but if you dont like it, just eat more berries…. 2 strawberries a day gives you all you need.