What is the recipe for flour tortillas
Flour Tortilla: 3 cups unbleached flou, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 4-6 Tbsp. vegetable shortening or lard…More! ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-recipe-for-flour-tortillas ]
More Answers to “What is the recipe for flour tortillas“
- How to Make Dog Kibble
- Your homemade dog kibble will be a much more healthful option for your best friend than most commercial preparations are. You won’t have to guess at how fresh it might be, and it won’t have any…
- Does anybody have a good recipe for flour tortillas?
- Flour Tortillas 2 cups all purpose flour (you can use whole wheat as part of all the flour. If All, then add 1 tablespoon more liquid) 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, cut into pieces (Can use Oil or Lard instead) 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking…
- Do You Know A Recipe Using Flour Tortillas, Diced Tomatoes & …?
- I need a good recipe to fix tonight using these ingredients, simple ones, I don’t have any taco seasoning.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- LoneStar Flour Tortillas Recipe?
- Q: Does anyone know how to make flour tortillas like those from the Lone Star restaurant?Thanks!I looked on the website you gave me but did not find the recipe. Thanks anyways!
- A: I would check at topsecretrecipes.com
- Does anyone know an authentic recipe for homemade flour tortillas?
- Q: My mother has been making homemade flour tortillas for ages. I have been married for 15 years and am embarrased to say that I don’t really have the consistency down yet. My tortillas are either too hard, or too thick. My mom is a little dissapointed that I didn’t keep tradition when it comes to making tortillas. Now I have a teenager that wants to learn how to make them and I can’t teach her. I’ve asked my mom for a recipe, but she has never measured before. I will appreciate all recipes.
- A: TortillasINGREDIENTS5 cups all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons shortening 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups boiling water DIRECTIONSMix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening to resemble cornmeal. Add water slowly, mixing with your hands to make a soft dough. You may not need all the water. Knead a few minutes on floured surface until smooth and elastic. Lubricate top with oil, put back in bowl and let rest, covered for 10 minutes. Divide into small balls the size of golf balls and proceed to roll out into size and thickness you prefer. Cook on top of stove over medium heat using a cast iron grill or heavy skillet until top is slightly bubbly then turning on opposite side for a minute or two. Keep stacked and warm inside a clean dish towel.
- What’s a good recipe for flour tortillas roll ups?
- Q: I plan to make these for an upcoming Christmas party. I’ve tried a cream cheese and olive version but would like something different. Thanks!
- A: Fiesta Roll-ups8 oz. cream cheese softened1 C sour cream1/2 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. garlic powder1 C monterey jack cheese shredded1/4 C green olives1/4 C red onion minced1 Can black beans drained and rinsedCream first 4 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spread on flour tortillas and roll-up. Chill and slice. These are wonderful! I always get recipe requests on these. Hope these work for you. Happy Cooking!