What vitamin is in carrots to help your eyesight
The vitamin A in carrots aids night vision. There are other benefits to eating fruits and veggies! Do you want to learn more? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-vitamin-is-in-carrots-to-help-your-eyesight ]
More Answers to “What vitamin is in carrots to help your eyesight“
- How to Improve Eyesight
- It’s estimated that approximately 50,000 people lose their eyesight every year; and millions develop eye problems that can lead to complete blindness or partial vision loss. However, there…
- How does vitamin A improve eyesight?
- I don’t know how vitamin A improves eyesight, but lack of vitamin A is the main cause (70%) of childhood blindness throughout the world, with 500,000 going blind every year due to lack of vitamin A. The amount of vitamin A required to preve…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does eating a lot of raw carrots improve your eyesight?
- Q: Ok, so i’m 14, have glasses, and pretty bad vision. I want to improve my vision so I dont have to do things like play sports and go to school with my glasses. I feel more free and confident without them. And this summer, I have been eating a lot of carrots (organic). I’ve been trying to stick to the RDA of Vitamin A. But so far, on the web I found out that vitamin A helps prevents blindness and eye problems that cataracts and corneal things. But does eating raw carrots actually IMPROVE your eyesight? And if not, BEST answer to someone who can tell me what does!
- A: >>I love carrots, I always tell my kids that carrots are good for their eyes. At first they didn’t believe me then I told them that rabbits love carrots and its good for their eyes too. They just thought I was fooling, then I asked them if they’ve ever seen a rabbit with glasses? Nuff said, now we buy a bag of baby carrots each week, along with a bottle of ranch dressing.:)
- Which foods are good for your eyesight?
- Q: What things we shouldnot do which make our eyesight bad?Carrots are good for your eyesight”, we were told as children and indeed around … Vitamin A is important for maintaining good eyesight, especially at night.some people say, never watch TV in dark, others say donot watch too close to your pc screen etc etc
- A: carrotsspinachorange.
- What is in carrots that improves vision?
- Q: Like what ingredient or mineral or vitamin is in carrots that improves eyesight? In what other foods can you find that ingredient?
- A: Beta Carotene is broken down into retinol (a form of vitamin A). This does not improve vision, but is good for the health of your eyes.Preformed vitamin A, or retinol, is found in: Liver Egg Yolk Oily fish such as: Herring Pilchards Tuna Sardines Whole Milk Butter Cheese Good Sources of Beta Carotene include: Carrots Yellow and dark green leafy vegetables (e.g. spinach, broccoli, watercress) Herbs such as: Basil Coriander Parsley Apricots Pumpkin Melon Sweet Potatoes Mango Papaya Red Pepper Guava