When should u start giving a baby water
Babies get all the water they need to sustain their metabolism from milk, formula and the foods they eat. So, drinking..more? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-should-u-start-giving-a-baby-water ]
More Answers to “When should u start giving a baby water“
- When should u start giving ur baby plain baby water ??
- ALL a 5 day old needs is breastmilk or formula. Both are mostly water. She should be getting ALL of her fluids and nutrients from her formula or from breastmilk. DO NOT give a young newborn water! It can cause a dangerous condition called w…
- What age u supposed to start to give ur baby water??
- My daughter’s pediatrician told us to start offering water with her meals when she started eating food, but only out of a cup. We started her on foods at about 5 months (I know it’s early, but her pediatrician suggested it) so she started g…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When should u start giving ur baby plain baby water ?
- Q: My baby is 5 days old and shes on formula
- A: ALL a 5 day old needs is breastmilk or formula. Both are mostly water. She should be getting ALL of her fluids and nutrients from her formula or from breastmilk.DO NOT give a young newborn water! It can cause a dangerous condition called water intoxication.
- when should i start giving my baby water to drink?
- A: about 6 months. This article will help answer the question. AN expert answers….http://www.babycenter.com/400_when-can-my-baby-drink-water_515104_1000.bc
- When can you start giving baby water?
- Q: My baby is a month old
- A: Actually, giving a newborn baby water CAN be dangerous, it can lower their bodies salt levels and put them into a type of shock, damage the kidneys and, yes, can even lead to death (it’s called “water intoxication”) . Infants get all the water they need from formula and breast milk. If they are constipated, a pediatrician may sometimes suggest a very small amount of water, but usually they suggest pedialite instead, and neither should be given without the supervision of your doctor. Babies get all the water they need in thier formula or breast milk (if you breastfeed, make sure you are drinking enough water but not too much. drink to thirst so that your milk supply does not get interfered with. in hot weather make sure you are drinking more water than normal so that there is more water in your milk, this will keep the baby hydrated with out you feeling like you need to give him water) untill they start eating solid foods, usually around age 6 months. At this time it is safe to start your child on a small amount of water. Talking to your pediatrician will clear up any more questions you have on the subject.