Are ulcers a disease
An ulcer is a lesion of the skin or a mucous membrane such as the one lining the stomach or duodenum. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-ulcers-a-disease ]
More Answers to “Are ulcers a disease“
- Are ulcers a disease
- An ulcer is a lesion of the skin or a mucous membrane such as the one lining the stomach or duodenum. ChaCha on!
- What is peptic ulcer disease
- Peptic ulcer disease refers to painful sores or ulcers in the lining of the stomach or the first part of the small intestine, the duodenum.
- Are Ulcers an Infectious Disease?
- The “Helicobacter Foundation” was founded by Prof. ..Barry J. Marshall in early 1994, and is dedicated to providing you with the latest information about Helicobacter pylori , its diagnosis, treatment and clinical perspectives. Vi…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do patients with peptic ulcer disease PUD have pernicious anemia?
- Q: If they have a gastric ulcer or one in the duodenum, can they have pernicious anemia due to the staomch of duodenum being destroyed somewhere ?
- A: People with pernicious anemia can get PUD as any other normal person . PA causes Vit B12 malabsorption . PUD by itself should not cause PA.
- What is the prevalence of H. pylori positive in patients with peptic ulcer disease?
- Q: ALso, please indicate the source. Really really need an answer. Thank you.
- A: About 80% of ulcers would be due to H. pylori (90% of duodenal ulcers and 605 of gastric). The bacteria causes inflamation of the lineing of the stomach/duedenum so it is no longer aduquatly protected from the acidic contents. It does NOT increase acid secretion. As for the the other 20% most are due to chronic use of NSAIDs. A few (though very rare in western countries) would be due to gastric cancer, and another rare cause is brain injury which can cause hypersecretion of stomach acid.
- I suffer from peptic ulcer disease and whenever i take cocoa or eat brown bread, i get a dull headache on the?
- Q: I suffer from peptic ulcer disease and whenever i take cocoa or eat brown bread, i get a dull headache on the frontal part of my head. What would be causing this headache when i take cocoa or brown bread? Please assist me.
- A: food dye in the bread-cocoa is chocolate,not good for migrane sufferers-so both can give you headaches-not related to ulcers,except if psychosematic(then not real)SO ASK YOURSELF THIS what in life,can’t i stomach that gives me a pain in the head(that makes me unable to think straight)???