Can an apple a day actually keep the doctor away
Besides containing many vitamins and minerals, apples prevent heart disease and cancer, and tooth decay. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-an-apple-a-day-actually-keep-the-doctor-away ]
More Answers to “Can an apple a day actually keep the doctor away“
- Does an Apple a Day Actually keep the Doctor Away?
- Please Read: Common Myths, Over Posted in the “Ideas: Everything Else” forum
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Spread this information as far as possible.?
- Q: Food as Medicine HEADACHE? EAT FISH! Eat plenty of fish — fish oil helps prevent headaches.. So does ginger, which reduces inflammation and pain. HAY FEVER? EAT YOGURT! Eat lots of yogurt before pollen season. Also-eat honey from your area (local region) daily.TO PREVENT STROKE DRINK TEA! Prevent build-up of fatty deposits on artery walls with regular doses of tea. (actually, tea suppresses appetite and keeps the pounds from invading….Green tea is great for our immune system)! INSOMNIA (CAN’T SLEEP?) HONEY! Use honey as a tranquilizer and sedative. ASTHMA? EAT ONIONS!!!! Eating onions helps ease constriction of bronchial tubes. (onion packs place on chest helped the respiratory ailments and actually made breathing better).ARTHRITIS? EAT FISH, TOO!! Salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines actually prevent arthritis. (fish has omega oils, good for our immune system) UPSET STOMACH? BANANAS – GINGER!!!!! Bananas will settle an upset stomach. Ginger will cure morning sickness and nausea.. BLADDER INFECTION? DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE!!!! High-acid cranberry juice controls harmful bacteria. BONE PROBLEMS? EAT PINEAPPLE!!! Bone fractures and osteoporosis can be prevented by the manganese in pineapple. MEMORY PROBLEMS? EAT OYSTERS! Oysters help improve your mental functioning by supplying much-needed zinc. COLDS? EAT GARLIC! Clear up that stuffy head with garlic. (remember, garlic lowers cholesterol, too.)COUGHING? USE RED PEPPERS!! A substance similar to that found in the cough syrups is found in hot red pepper. Use red (cayenne) pepper with caution-it can irritate your tummy. BREAST CANCER? EAT Wheat, bran and cabbage Helps to maintain estrogen at healthy levels. LUNG CANCER? EAT DARK GREEN AND ORANGE AND VEGGIES!!! A good antidote is beta carotene, a form of Vitamin A found in dark green and orange vegetables. ULCERS? EAT CABBAGE ALSO!!! Cabbage contains chemicals that help heal both gastric and duodenal ulcers. DIARRHEA? EAT APPLES! Grate an apple with its skin, let it turn brown and eat it to cure this condition. (Bananas are good for this ailment)CLOGGED ARTERIES? EAT AVOCADO! Mono unsaturated fat in avocados lowers cholesterol. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? EAT CELERY AND OLIVE OIL!!! Olive oil has been shown to lower blood pressure. Celery contains a chemical that lowers pressure too. BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE? EAT BROCCOLI AND PEANUTS!!! The chromium in broccoli and peanuts helps regulate insulin and blood sugar. Kiwi: Tiny but mighty. This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E & fibre. It’s Vitamin C content is twice that of an orange. Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low Vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke..Strawberry: Protective fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protects the body from cancer causing, blood vessels clogging free radicals. (Actually, any berry is good for you..they’re high in anti-oxidants and they actually keep us young………..blueberries are the best and very versatile in the health field……..they get rid of all the free-radicals that invade our bodies)Orange : Sweetest medicine. Taking 2 – 4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessen the risk of colon cancer..Watermelon: Coolest Thirst Quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione which helps boost our immune system.. They are also a key source of lycopene – the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients Found in watermelon are Vitamin C & Potassium. (watermelon also has natural substances [natural SPF sources] that keep our skin healthy, protecting our skin from those darn UV rays)Guava & Papaya: Top awards for Vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high Vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fibre which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene, this is good for your eyes. (also good for gas and indigestion) Tomatoes are very good as a preventative measure for men, keeps those prostrate problems from invading their bodies……GOOD AS MEDICINE.. Very informative – spread the information
- A: THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION
- Family Problems – sorry long?
- Q: I didnt have a great childhood, when I was naughty I would get slapped with a rolling pin, that stopped when my mum broke my hand. I was the one that seemed to get mostly picked on by her, I was a daddys girl and she hated it. So she excluded me as much as possible. My 2 sisters would also pick on me, they were the apple of my mums eye.I grew up being very timid and shy. When I started college it was a course that my mum made me do, I was never interested in it. Though I did meet my husband there. We started dating and he would tell me that my mum was just playing mind games with me.It took me another 2 years before I had the courage to leave the house, it felt great but i still felt I had a huge weight hanging over me. Mum would come and visit but one day she came and said I wasnt to come back near the house as I was upsetting my sisters!?!?!We didnt keep in touch for 2 years and I admit it was great, it wasnt until one day I was at work and she came in and started actually acting like a mum. This didnt last long and things had got worse, my dad left my mum and I got the blame for this. Anything that went wrong it was my fault. I tried to commit suicide but my husband rescued me, it was then I talked to a doctor who told me I should stay away from my mum. Dad did end up going back to her.My brother and me were always close, we stayed in touch and seen each other often, but my dad stopped speaking to me. When i got pregnant in 2007 my brother must have told my mum, who got in touch via text message! We were civil to each other and she started sending messages like ‘When you were a baby, I would stand and watch you sleep’. Just before our son was born she rejected me again, her last message was her saying ‘Your still that selfish little b*t*h that you always were, I hope you die giving birth’. This was because I wouldnt give her any money.My brother comes to see my son and talks about my mum, I ask him not too. He says when my son is older he will take him out in the car like our aunt used to. However I dont trust him enough not to take our son out to see her. Then I think what if my son asks about his granny! My mother in law has passed away, so he only has one grandfather that he knows of. Since becoming a mother, I wonder how can she be like that. My brother and I were the only ones that didnt give her trouble. My younger sister did attack her and my older sister was never out of the trouble with the police! I even had to get an injunction out against her as she was stalking me and damaging our car!My brother says that my mum never asks about our son, my sister has a child and my mum tried to get it taken off her so she could take it.I know its a long way off yet, but what do i tell my son about my parents, or should I try and make amends?My mum would tell me that she had a bad childhood, her mum was in and out of hospital and she was past from pillar to post.My father was given 24 hours to live when i was 8-9, that night my mum told me that if he dies that im going into care. He did survive.Theres so much I havent said, I honestly dont want sympathy, there are ones out there that have got it alot worse than me.My mum tried to stop our wedding, she told me I was ugly and as soon as my husband realised that, I would be alone. If I married him then she didnt want anything more to do with me.My husband is so good to me, I have never felt more loved in my life, we have been together 11 years now. Our son is our world!!My brother is very good to me, he doesnt know half the things my mum did to me or said. Nor will I tell him. He lives at home still and hates it. Hes never tried to get me to speak to my mum again, hes only asked why we fell out.
- A: awww.. first of all, i would like to say i’m sorry 🙂 but you got a great husband and you should concentrate on your family, that is your son and your husband. your brother is a good person too.my advise to you would be to stay away from your mother as much as possible. i know she is your mother, but she has done nothing but bring you misery over the course of the years. her presence is damaging to you. i understand that you’re thinkin she’s your mother after all, but trust me, after readin this, i believe that your mother does not need to be around you. she is selfish and doesnt realize how wonderful a being you are. if she didnt see it for that many years, she wouldnt see it now. and tellin an expecting mother.. i hope yu die giving birth shows how low she is. no offense though.now for your son, i would advise you to keep her away from your mother. she has been a bad mother, you have suffered, your child doesnt need to get exposed to her, and “suffer” too.do not in any way try to make amends, it is too late, and your mother has crossed all limits, dont blame it on yourself, you’re a good person. tell your son about the wonderful times you;re had with your parents, about their good qualities. if yu ever take him to see your parents, make sure you’re there, and your husband or brother are there too. just in case… i know he would be curious about his grandparents, but you have to be careful.hope this helps.. this is a long answer but i hope it helps.i wish you all the best, and happy times with your family. my best wishes 🙂
- ❤ Your Crazy est Dreams Anyone??! ❤?
- Q: Have You Ever Had A dream So Strange Yet So Detailed You Just Had To Tell Someone? If You Cant Be Bithered To Read Mine Just Please Post Yours. Im Intrested. I Need Some Answers ;-)Ok Heres Mine:I have these spots on my arm, 4 of them. So i went to the doctors, who screamed and said i had a deadly flesh-eating desise. So they shut me in a quarantine thick glass bubble for the rest of my life. It had thick bubble wrap to keep me safe, no matter what . It had a small rubber air tight seal surrounding a little door. So basicly, it ws impossible for me to get out as it was like, diamond hard glass. Thanks alot boffins! Anyway, they gave me a blackberry phone and credit, a laptop, a quilt some pillows and two 2-liter bottles of water, as well as an apple. They rolled me outside and told me to go play. So as i was rolling, i saw a group of teenage boys who were chavs. They laughed at me and send me rolling down a big hill.I just closed my eyes and hoped i wouldnt hit anyone. It was a bit of a bumpy ride, but then it stopped. Weird huh? So i opened my eyes and looked out-side, and i was in the air. I blinked hard. Yes, i was flying. No-wait-…I wasnt flying. I was falling…AHHHHHHH!!!!I soon realised, when i opened my eyes that i was in the sea. The sea people!!! Strange Kid. So there i was, bobbing in the sea in a glass bubble. The first thing i done was update twitter. I was pretty exited that i was in this beautifull sea. So i took some pics and uploaded em on mobypic.com , (which is actually a website i found out today) and i got loadsa followers. 🙂 . Then, i took a video update for youtube. then, I realised, I was stranded at sea. So i phoned The police. <im in capitals.> Hello? police service? how may we help? HI. MY NAME IS DANNIE AND IM 13 AND I HAD SOME STRANGESPOTS ON MY ARM AND THE DOCTOR SHUT ME IN A BUBBLE AND IVE BEEN LOST AT SEA FPR A WHILE NOW AND HAVE NOTHING TO EAT AND I REALLY FANCY SOME CRISPS AND THE FISH WILL EAT ME!! . Sorry we have no time for hoaxes. ITS REAL. TYPE IN YOUTUBE DANNIE SLADE NEEDS HELP. <she did> Oh My Gosh So Sorry I Will Send Someone Out. LOOK AT MY TWITTER. THERES MORE PICS. IF IM ON THE NEWS, TELL THEM TO LOOK TOO. Okay will do. BYE. Bye.And Then Our Convo Ended. I Spent 21 Days at Sea. I Visited Three Islands. One that was just dense Jungle.The People of there came and lobbed rocks at me. Harsh. And the Second One was Just Sand. I Could See To The other side by the sea. And After 21 Days, I had Eat my apple By the 14th day, and drunk all water by the 19th day. It was so hard being surrounded by water but being sooo thirsty. So I was So Skinny I took some pics of me putting my thumb and index finger in a circle over my leg, posted em on twitter for the police, and Went To sleep.When i awoke, i noticed i had some good looking guy feeding me. He was givig me water. He had blue eyes and Blonde hair. His hair just flopped on the side of his tanned face. I thought id died. Turns out his name was Matt, I was in australia and had been uncounsious for a week. He said he loved me and that only the local doctor and his folks knew i was here. His docor said i had some dermatitus thing and game me cream and then my spits were gone. Now i was better he would throw me a party. we got along great, and was a couple. A week into being an Ausie girl, we was kissing on the beach. A girl walked up to us and screamed. Matt? Omigosh Its You! Can You sign My Bum? Matt Laughed and singed her shirt. Then she took a pic and skipped off. What was that about? I asked. He told me he Was a famous singer in Australia and that he diddnt tell nme in case i fell in love with his money, not him. Then i realised. Love. Oh crap, id forgot my family. Luckily, being a multi-milionare, matt paid for my familys flights. They Liked him straight away And was relieved i was okay. As Matt Was 15, Wit his familys content he came to england with me. Turns out i was a celebrity! I was all over the news, and was stalked by papparatzi. Matt Became famous in england, and Got me into the music Biz. And, as well as being rich, famous, a singer, and in love, i was crowned miss twitter-verse with ,nearly a billion followers!now im scared to go to the docs :)The End …x❤-P.S if you know any australian guys named Matt, Let Me Know On Twitter.com/misskazinsky ❤
- A: Haha wow that is pretty insane!! Mine are just like that though. Mine would take forever to write but here it goes anyway:Ok well when I tell you this you probably wont believe me but I swear its all true. Well the dream started out sort of like a movie would. There was a supermarket and 3 teenagers, a red headed girl and 2 guys(one was Edward Cullen, I SWEAR!!) And they were caught shop lifting and sent out of the store. Then me and my two friends, I don’t know who they are in real life, were leaving the store and we were in the exit area, you know the part that is like glass, and all of a sudden there was this vampire guy and he was grey and flying and he went into the entrance glass area and went into the supermarket and just started killing everyone. Me and my friends were terrified so we hid behind a row of shopping carts and after a few minutes they decided to make a run for it but they were killed too, and I was all alone. I was the only one that lived and like 1000 people died. And police came but the “murderer” got away. And then I was in the hospital, not because I got hurt but I was a bit traumatized. And Edward was there and so were a bunch of nurses and an adult guy. And they were just asking me questions and acting like a psychiatrist but they weren’t. And then I was walking around a bit and they asked me where the “murderer” hurt people and I put my hand on the right side of my neck and started crying because he like bit them. And Edward just like hugged me for awhile and took care of me. I got over it within a few days. And me and Edward just kept hanging out and he was protecting me. And we drove around and like were in love. It was very strange. And he met my mom, and she adored him and he thought she was wonderful as well.I know mines sort of sad, but turns happy and is just really weird. I just made my own post asking people to interpret it!! LOL