Can anorexia cause a heart attack
Heart disease is the most common medical cause of death in people with severe anorexia. In long-term, severe anorexia, heart disease is very likely to occur. Mineral and electrolyte imbalances can lead to cardiac arrest. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-anorexia-cause-a-heart-attack ]
More Answers to “Can anorexia cause a heart attack“
- How can an eating disorder (mainly anorexia) cause a heart attack…?
- Anorexia means the person is not eating adequate amounts to fuel the body, this creates huge imbalances in the electrolytic balance of the blood, things like hyperkalemia and hypocalcemia, either of these two issues can and do stop the hear…
- Why does anorexia place people at higher risk of suffering a hear…?
- Heart disease is the most common medical cause of death in people with severe anorexia. The effects of anorexia on the heart are as follows: * Dangerous heart rhythms, including slow rhythms known as bradycardia, may develop. Such abnormali…
- Would you rather slowly die of A) anorexia and kidney failuar or …?
- Obesity and a heart attack I`d be happier And i believe over eating and being obese is just as much of a problem as anorexia. A food addiction can threaten the mind and body aswell.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how can an eating disorder (mainly anorexia) cause a heart attack?
- A: Anorexia means the person is not eating adequate amounts to fuel the body, this creates huge imbalances in the electrolytic balance of the blood, things like hyperkalemia and hypocalcemia, either of these two issues can and do stop the heart.
- I have a problem wih anorexia?
- Q: I’m a 32 year old woman who has a problem with anorexia. I’m five foot three and 96 pounds. How long can I go on like this without it causing heart problems or causing me to have heart attacks? My doctor doesn’t seem too concerned about it suprisingly enough. I would have expected her to want to see me once a month because of my problems with anorexia but she said she doesn’t need to see me till next year. Please give me an answer.
- A: You’re going to need to seek other professional help. It’s not something that anyone can successfully beat on their own. Go to a walk-in-clinic and see if you can get a referral.
- Anorexia vs. Obesity. Read, and give opinion please?
- Q: OK, which do you think is worse?Most people always seem to answer anorexia but obesity is a similar cycle to anorexia. It’s all the same to me and one could lead to the other.They’re both very evil! Wouldn’t *wish* them upon anyone.Obesity causes heart complications, attacks, problems with the stomach and low self-esteem. Anorexia pretty much can do the same. I reckon obesity’s more common as I hear more people die of it but doesn’t mean it’s any more serious. Or any less… I dunno. “A BMI of 30–35 reduces life expectancy by two to four years while severe obesity (BMI > 40) reduces life expectancy by 20 years for men and five years for women.” wikii’ve also found somewhere that anorexia can knock up to a good 25 somewhere. they’re both very dangerous and when you’re trapped in one cycle you can die instantaneously.I hate them both. They can both kill you and none are better or worse. But that’s my opinion (or rant, lol). What’s YOUR opinion??I don’t think people ever consider this when thinking of mental illnesses generally but food you cannot escape unless you’re lucked in a cage in a cupboard in the middle of nowhere.It’s very evil, it’s not like alchol or cigarettes where you might see them occasionally, and you don’t need them. You need food to live so there’s no avoiding it. Like I said. Tis very evil.
- A: to me they are both terrible stuff. i wouldnt want to be obease for many reasonsi would be hugelow self esteemalways eatingfeeling trapped in my bodybeing slow from the fatchances of many diseasesdifficulty breathingnot being able to do what i wantcouldnt enjoy lifenow anorexic is also terrible and these are the reasons why i would want to be iti would look like a skeletonno energyobsessed with losing weightlow self esteemhiding stuff from everyoneforgetting who i am and losing friends and family from iti would rather be anorexic even though it is terrible. both and terrible and i am gald i am not either of them