Can cinnamon dehydrate you
No, dehydration is not listed as a side effect of cinnamon, even when taken as a supplement is fairly large amounts.It can effect blood sugar levels, and possibly worsen liver disease in persons who already suffer from that condition. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-cinnamon-dehydrate-you ]
More Answers to “Can cinnamon dehydrate you“
- Can cinnamon dehydrate you
- No, dehydration is not listed as a side effect of cinnamon, even when taken as a supplement is fairly large amounts.It can effect blood sugar levels, and possibly worsen liver disease in persons who already suffer from that condition. ChaCh…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some things that are good dehydrated?
- Q: We have a dehydrator, which we use for beef jerkey, but what are some other things that would be good dehydrated?? i know you can do fruits and stuff, but do you just cut them up and put them on, or do you like sprinkle cinnamon or something on them…. Is there any other meat that is good dehydrated??And do you have any good recipes for beef jerky to share??
- A: For the following recipes, all food should be sliced 1/8″ or less (according to my dehydrator’s instructions). Also, if you have a “fruit roll-up” or “liquid tray”, I can edit this post to include recipes for our favorite fruit roll-ups ~ just make a note to your post. The jerky recipe is one that I have come up with over the years, but can be tweaked to your liking, of course. Hope you find something to try ;)GLAZED BANANA CINNAMON CHIPSSlice bananas into lemon juice. Drain with paper towel. Remove from juice and arrange on try. Sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Dry to shiny crispness.HONEY GLAZED BANANA CHIPSSlice bananas and dip into a glaze of 1/4 cup honey, thinned with 1/4 cup water. Drain and place on trays and dry.DRIED CANDIED FRUITSRinse fruits or fruit rinds and cut into thin strips. Simmer slowly in a solution of approximately 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar for 1-1/2 hours. Test for tenderness. Place on trays and dry until pliable. Cool and store in air tight containers. Serve as a snack or use in cooking.ZUCCHINI CHIPPERSBefore drying, sprinkle zucchini slices lightly with sesame seeds and garlic salt. Serve as a nutritious snack or dip in seasoned yogurt dip.SALAD SPIKERSDehydrate the following vegetables: ½ cup onions, ½ cup carrots, ½ cup tomatoes, ½ cup green pepper.When they are dry and crunchy, chop into tiny pieces and add: 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds and 1/4 cup soy nuts.Mix thoroughly and sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful on salads. Add your favorite salad dressing and toss. Store unused portion in refrigerator to preserve crispness.CROUTONSDice 8 slices of bread into 1 inch cubes. Dry in dehydrator for 3 hours. Remove and allow to cool. In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons ground Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon each of dill, sage, and parsley. Pour melted butter, cheese, and herbs into plastic bag. Add the bread cubes, shake, and refrigerate in closed bag until ready to use. (Refrigeration is desirable since the butter contains oil and fat.)**********************BEEF JERKY4 pounds sliced beef (the vinegar will tenderize a cheaper-cut)1/2 cup liquid smoke3 cups soy sauce1 cup brown sugar1-1/4 teaspoons cracked black pepper1-1/4 tablespoons Worcester sauce1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder2 tablespoons vinegar1 teaspoon onion powder1 teaspoon red pepper flakesThis is not super spicy, but if you wish you could leave out the black pepper and red pepper flakes, and any other spice for that matter. Also, not everyone likes liquid smoke (strong stuff), so in this recipe you could cut it back or leave that out.I always have the butcher cut a beef roast into 1/8 inch or less slices which is a time saver (the easy method if you do it yourself is to partially freeze the meat before cutting), marinate the meat overnight, and then load the dehydrator the next morning.